Locksmith recommendations for rekeying locks in Tulsa.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like the title says. We are buying a house in Tulsa and wanting to have locks rekeyed to match. We are buying all new locks and handles. (All same brand to facilitate this)

Thanks in advance

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recommendation
Buy them off the shelf (or order them) with the same key code (printed on the package of you go to the big box store). That is my master key. My front door I rekey to have a sub master also. That is the key that the in-laws and neighbor gets. If I ever need to change I only need to rekey the one lock but I still only need to have the master on my key ring

To answer your question. Holders, Lock-doc are GTG

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to the local or online big box store. Kwikset (IIRC) makes a doorknob and deadbolt that includes a small tool that you can re-key them to the same key. It's DIY and takes about 3 seconds.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations fellas! I realized from looking more at the locks and handles that I can rekey them on my own. Woohoo

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just remember when it comes to security some scum bag picking your locks is the least of your concerns. Having solid doors and hardened entry anywhere in your home is very important. Most residential external doors and windows are very easy to break into. No mater how good your door locks are, a good kick or hammer will defeat it. Harden up your entry points as well as other security measures.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just remember when it comes to security some scum bag picking your locks is the least of your concerns. Having solid doors and hardened entry anywhere in your home is very important. Most residential external doors and windows are very easy to break into. No mater how good your door locks are, a good kick or hammer will defeat it. Harden up your entry points as well as other security measures.
Already working on that piece as well. Cameras and alarm are in the works as well. Plus the lab with a deep, mean bark.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any window will defeat a three foot thick door and all houses have them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom