LOL, A Recruiter Just Contacted Me for a Job in Chicago!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chi Town may be jacked up, but for the right money, the idea might be worth exploring. Far as the rest of our common likes, Don't tell lol

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard "No" on Chicago.

I applied to the National Weather Service. Got a call with a job offer:

Me: Where is the position?
NWS: You're perfect for the position.
Me: Great. Where is it?
NWS: It's in a fast paced severe storms center...
Me: Where?
NWS: Based on your experience we can start you at GS-12 and bump you to Step 5. (Made that up...but it was something like that.)
Me: Awesome. Where is it?
NWS: We also offer relocation assistance.
Me: Why won't you tell me where it is?
NWS: It's in Topeka, KS...
Me: I specifically mentioned that was one of the locations where I didn't want to work.
NWS: Yeah...you're not the only one.
Me: No thanks. Bye.

But even Topeka would be better than Chicago.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard "No" on Chicago.

I applied to the National Weather Service. Got a call with a job offer:

Me: Where is the position?
NWS: You're perfect for the position.
Me: Great. Where is it?
NWS: It's in a fast paced severe storms center...
Me: Where?
NWS: Based on your experience we can start you at GS-12 and bump you to Step 5. (Made that up...but it was something like that.)
Me: Awesome. Where is it?
NWS: We also offer relocation assistance.
Me: Why won't you tell me where it is?
NWS: It's in Topeka, KS...
Me: I specifically mentioned that was one of the locations where I didn't want to work.
NWS: Yeah...you're not the only one.
Me: No thanks. Bye.

But even Topeka would be better than Chicago.
idk but I am certain Illinois, Kansas and many others are off the table. Texas, new Mexico, maybe Arizona etc on the other hand, if money is right....

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got a text from a recruiter for Cook County Health wanting me to apply there. As if I would ever relocate to someplace that screwed up, much less take a family there. What crazy recruiter stories do you have?
I had a recruiter from Warren Cat reach out to me and spent the next 6 months begging me to come in and take an interview/hear what he had to say. I finally said yes. I showed up, interviewed, took a tour. They said I could place myself wherever I wanted, but they really wanted me in rental equipment. I said “how much are you paying?” He responded “how much do you make?”14 years into the industry I was making $27/hr at the time, told him $28/hr. He proceeds to look me straight in the eye and offers me $14/hr and “a really nice health insurance policy that’s a steal”. Volvo tried similar, except they offered the “we’re a family, it’s great to work here” instead of the fantastic health insurance. Between that, and the fact that my supervisor at my next job (fleet service and heavy equipment dealer) was a career fast food manager made me realize I needed to get out of my line of work.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a few police departments wanting me to go to work for them after I retired. My reply to all of them was the same,I'm retired, What part of retired do you not understand.
Had an Army Recruiter call a few times for the CWO programs a few months after I retired. Had to inform him that I was medically retired more than once.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Retired & still get emails & calls. Maybe they have a quota of calls/day & are just trying to keep their #’s up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom