LOL, A Recruiter Just Contacted Me for a Job in Chicago!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had several headhunters after me, wanting me to move to Achin Anus Arkansas or somewhere comparable. Don’t they build manufacturing facilities anywhere a reasonable person would want to live?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a "professional headhunter" call me.
Said he had a client, a wonderful, industry leading, expanding and GENEROUS company; looking for managers with my skill set.

"Great! Who, where, how much?"

"I can't dispense that information. I can send you a contract that I am authorized to respond on offers."

"Ha, are you THAT stupid to think I am stupid and would sign such a document?"

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had recruiters contact me before, and I usually let them get their spiel out and when they ask me what it would take for me to "Join Their Team" I tell them I'm currently happily employed, then they usually ask with whom, and once I tell them, they just sigh and say neverminded..

Last edited:

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get calls and emails a few times weekly, at this point I am not taking or considering any offer unless it is so absurdly above what I currently earn I couldn't refuse. Employers in places like the left coast , east coast or Chicago won't come up with that kind of money and I know it. Plus the cost of living will kill any pay increase I would get.

KG5VW

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had several call and tell me about the great opportunities to do this or that, travel, etc… one in particular did have me interested until I looked at a map and saw where it was. Picture the most desolate, desert in Texas with the nearest town 35 miles away and a bigger town with at least a Walmart and some chain food restaurants at 90 miles… still would have been cool to say I worked for Jeff Bezos on his rockets. Money was great, hours were 14 12’s the 7 off. It was contract work until they didn’t need you anymore. I retired instead and let the younger fellas chase their dreams and money!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got a text from a recruiter for Cook County Health wanting me to apply there. As if I would ever relocate to someplace that screwed up, much less take a family there. What crazy recruiter stories do you have?
Get them to finance a trip up there for an interview. Eat some great food in Chinatown, get a pizza.

Say no thanks and come home.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Changing your Linkened profile to "Retired" doesn't stop them emailing. Still haven't figured out how to delete it 100%

Latest posts

Top Bottom