Lollipop. You want stupid!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm the wimp of the family, I guess. Wife and youngest son both like food a lot hotter than I do. I love it when the wife swears something isn't hot and I'm sucking down all the liquids I can find. (That's sarcastic love, by the way.)

Youngest son got into making his food hot when he and our oldest son shared a house. Oldest son was always eating the youngest son's leftover food, so he retaliated by making EVERYTHING hot.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had this theory that is about like hitting your thumb with a hammer.
I have had my finger tips smashed so hard the finger nail was almost off..You guys have been there.
The pain is pretty high and that finger nail or thumb nail will not reattach it will eventually come off.

While the pain is high i figure can't hurt any worse so I just pull the nail off right then.
My theory was your pain reception for eating hot stuff can go only so high and I figured Habanero was probably the high point.

The chip was not really much hotter than that. Fresno peppers have a much better flavor and are a tad warmer.
I figured after I reached a threshold of heat it can't get hotter.

I was wrong..the theory does not hold water. you can have more heat.. a different kind of heat.

I have known this guy that gave me the pepper since 1975 we were kids then and always dared each other to try things.
We have been hunting fishing buddies ever since.
Doing it was more of a dare that you can't back out of kind of thing. Heck he tried it, can't leave your buddy hanging.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My theory was your pain reception for eating hot stuff can go only so high and I figured Habanero was probably the high point.
Lol, Habaneros are well above my liking for heat. Bought two jars years ago and threw out the last one several months later.

I don't want to go near that stuff you're eating. :D
Well, I’m probably going to buy a dozen and give them away during Halloween
Ya better hope the kids don't remember where they got 'em...

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those things out to be great if someone has arthritis or other pain, it'd take your mind off things for a while. Or if your wife or mother-in-law was nagging at you, pop one of those in their mouth and they'd forget what they were complaining about. I like it! Maybe some of the Emergency Rooms can do some suturing without anesthesia using these also.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had my head busted with a piece of pipe took like 27 stitches on the inside and 37 on the outside.
About 10 stitches in I felt the pain of the needle going in and told the doc to numb it more..he did and 5 more stitches in it felt horrible again.
I had one more round of numbing needles stuck into my head and about 7 more stitches it hurt really bad again like the numbing stuff just was not working.
I told the doc I will try not to flinch and just deal with the pain as the numbing needles just about hurt worse than the stitches.
Finished up and I just gritted my teeth.

AAAHHH May be that is the issue I was hit on the head a few too many times.
:)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had this theory that is about like hitting your thumb with a hammer.
I have had my finger tips smashed so hard the finger nail was almost off..You guys have been there.

I've always had a question in my mind.....why is it when you see someone smash their finger with a hammer, you and everybody else that witnessed it starts laughing?
Ponder on that for a minute and let me know why.
Is it the "dance" that they do?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well when someone gets hurt it is a bit funny sometimes unless it is life threatening.
I have no idea what causes it to be funny , maybe because it ain't happening to you.

I was building a tree house for the kids when the pallet i almost attached into the tree gave way and it and I came towards the ground.
The wife was outside watching..the pallet stopped in the crook of the tree and had my foot caught under it .

I was hanging upside down about 8 feet off the ground..Wife was laughing hysterically and it was a good 5 minutes before she could compose herself enough to even talk.

I had her take a long stick and push the pallet up to free my foot so i could come crashing down to the ground.

I rode bikes and 3 wheelers with my buddy when we were kids and we had a rule if you wanted to tag along with us.
If someone in the group gets hurt all others must laugh because that has got to be some funny stuff.

Even if a bone is sticking out laughter must start .. we will take you to the hospital and get you fixed up. but be prepared to be laughed at.
And if we get hurt you must laugh.

Not many went with us a second time.. yea we got banged up a lot but had a ton of fun.
Yea that is the same buddy that gave me that hot devils toe sucker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom