Long Lines at East Coast Gas Stations as Shortages Begin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think someone in the Biden administration had a great deal to do with the shutdown. The goofy liberals who want "green energy" hate fossil fuel and want and probably have money in the market for electric vehicles. It a conspiracy designed by the democrats.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pipeline bad. Fawk em. I got a truck. Haul em fuel for the right price. They haven't offered enough yet.
Edit to add:
Sometimes you have to lay in the bed you messed in.
I understand it isn't the Keystone. Same industry though.

You and every liquid truck there is couldn't handle the capacity load of a pipeline - not trying to be a smarta$$, but you just couldn't, wouldn't even make a pimple on a pipelines a$$. Even if you tried, it'd take a dedicated interstate system to handle just the trucking.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the guys I work out with is familiar with it, we were talking about it yesterday morning. He said that restarting the pipeline will require people to go onsite, and the issue is that the people that can go onsite to do it, were all resourced, so now they are scrambling to try to find the bodies to make it happen.
And he is correct.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heard someone call in on a radio show this morning, he claimed to have worked on that pipeline system.
He said there are ways to manually operate the pipeline if the computers go down.
I think he was trying to say he thinks it's a manufactured crisis to some degree, or....who knows...
Nothing would surprise me.

This is 2021 - can it be overridden, I suppose so; but, to override todays installed technology - that'd be impressive to watch, much less write the Job Plan for that one - no thanks!

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This problem is actually twofold. First, no one wants to do the hard labor intensive job going out in the elements, mud to your shins and second, it is a problem created by the companies themselves to rely on remote computer operation
True, they do rely on the remote computer operated systems - why - because they can detect problems and shut valves much-much faster than having someone get out of bed, get dressed, wipe the sleep outta their eyes, make a cup of coffee, and drive several miles to manually shut a valve. This is all not to even mention detecting a pressure reduction. Look - when people complain about the dangers of a pipeline, surely the companies need to respond to it, so now they use AI to help run it and people are replaced by AI - let's be very careful what we ***** about and ask for. Reasor's check out is too long so they install shelf checkout - bonus - less payroll. Self check out, push your cart out and put it in a pen, drive thru banking, drive thru food...the list goes on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom