Long Range Scope questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Driver

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good Morning guys. New to the forum here and have a couple questions. Ow before you ask I did do a search but didn't find what I was looking for. Question is what scope are you guys running for 1000yards+? Been looking at Nightforce but those are out of my $1500 budget. Was looking at HiLux Phenom and they are relatively cheep at 800 but they have 100MOA elevation and 60MOA wind with 2nd focal plane and locking turret. What are you guys using? Weapon is Savage 110BA Stealth in .338 LM. Load will be a Lehigh solid bronze boat tail at 245grain loaded into new Lapua brass at 250grain. Don't know the powder charge yet just getting into this. Plans are to warm up at 1000 and go out to at least 1760

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just made a trade on a rifle and it has a Vortex Viper 6-24 PST FFP MOA scope and Leup MK4 Rings that I will be putting up for sale if you might be interested.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
theres one for a great price in the classifieds right now..
IMG_0089.JPG
;)

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't stretched mine that far yet but I went with ffp Vortex 5-25x50 viper pst gen2. $1100

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ow before you ask I did do a search but didn't find what I was looking for.
Not our cup of tea around here (to belittle ya for asking a question), but I understand why you prefaced it that way.
For the real in depth Tactical true Long Range shooting guru's there exists a place called the "Hide". I assume you are aware of their existence?

So on to the OSA type answer. I run a Weaver Tactical 4-20x50 30mm Mil Dot reticle W/side focus on my 300 Win Mag. There is a member selling one I believe for a fair price.
The scope that @Gunbuffer has listed is a phenomenal scope setup IMO, here is the link. For the price you are beyond set for your purposes. https://www.okshooters.com/threads/...0-dmr-mildot-scope-mount.254951/#post-3078558

Many folks get hung up on brand name, but either of the scopes I mentioned are 1, readily available for purchase and 2, excellent pieces of kit.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just made a trade on a rifle and it has a Vortex Viper 6-24 PST FFP MOA scope and Leup MK4 Rings that I will be putting up for sale if you might be interested.
I'll probably put this out there for around $625 with rings, just FYI.

Latest posts

Top Bottom