Long Range Shooting House

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red Castle poured a big long slab, built a nice cover for the long distance range. Used to, you had to shoot from the berms in the sun and rain, whatever Mother Nature dished out.

Now it's difficult to get on that range and do any actual field-type shooting. With the roof and shade, all the very skilled, hardcore snipers came out of hiding and frequent that range.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy I bet it gets loud in there, though, lol. They need some foam or carpet on the walls and such.

I see a fridge, A/C, even a large TV (for camera feed of your targets??), etc. Pretty danged cool.

4th pic down you'll see a pretty good size TV. On the reddit post they mention that they use long range cameras and cast the image up on that TV so people can see the results of shots.

I definitely agree with you on the need for some sort of sound absorption. Even with plugs and muffs, it seems like the noise would be pretty uncomfortable in that place. Not that I wouldn't like the chance to shoot in a place like that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red Castle poured a big long slab, built a nice cover for the long distance range. Used to, you had to shoot from the berms in the sun and rain, whatever Mother Nature dished out.

Now it's difficult to get on that range and do any actual field-type shooting. With the roof and shade, all the very skilled, hardcore snipers came out of hiding and frequent that range.
After we built shade covers on our ranges and volunteers built the shooting benches and gun rests the participation at those ranges certainly picked up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom