Long range training from a Marine sniper, who's in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
okay, as of right now, I have 38 including me. thats enough for several weekends!

I really like the idea of combining it with the appleseed events, I will look further into that.

I should have more info this weekend and will update as soon as I know something. Our teacher will limit the class size I am sure, but I will do everything I can to accommodate everyone. Even if we stretch out over several weekends to get several classes going. I'm in. I can't think of any better way to spend time (except hunting. sorry. I live to hunt) than doing something like this!

Thanks for the patience everyone. Keep an eye on the thread for updates!

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
okay, as of right now, I have 38 including me. thats enough for several weekends!

I really like the idea of combining it with the appleseed events, I will look further into that.

I should have more info this weekend and will update as soon as I know something. Our teacher will limit the class size I am sure, but I will do everything I can to accommodate everyone. Even if we stretch out over several weekends to get several classes going. I'm in. I can't think of any better way to spend time (except hunting. sorry. I live to hunt) than doing something like this!

If he puts folks on the line in shooter/spotter/coaching pairs that would give us 19 lanes. Just a thought and maybe something to mention to see what he thinks. That many folks could also give us a few to stand off and help RO the line, then rotate onto the line with others.

You sure kicked something over here, didn't you?

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Surveyor, you read my mind. My though is shooter teams rotating in pairs. I'm thinking 10 lanes, 4 to a lane give us 40 spots. It's going to really be based on what he thinks he can manage safely. I expect to have a minimum of 3 range safety . . . officers? We will see what he says. I had no idea how popular this was going to be! It's great to see the interest! I will do my best to pull it off!

Those that have offered to help - I will be calling you as many of you as I can!

Dennis you definitely have a first round spot pick. I really think we can fit everyone in.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With so much interest - why don't you guys make at least one trip to F-Class match at OKCGC to get your feet wet.
Controlled environment with a lot of experienced and helpful shooters - at least you'll see what works and what doesn't at mid-range.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I put my name on the list, but I have several friends who aren't OSA members (military guys/gals, their kids who would just like to meet a real live marine sniper, couple of family members and folks I shoot with) I would say me + 10. Is that acceptable?

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't want to let the thread die and leave everyone wondering. As it stands right now, our Marine can't commit to training as he is rotating back into theater. he plans on getting me in touch with a 1st tier guy rotating back in that might be interested in putting together some quick cash. So, we're wounded, but not dead. The location is open any time, so if anyone has a teacher in need of a location, let me know. I will keep you all informed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom