Long Term Owner Reports on Sig P365/365XL/SAS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I've had mine a year or so. It's the newer design and has been flawless. I do see a little drag on the primers but see it on other brands of similar size too. My P365 & P238 gave me no excuse to ever go without my carry again.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty lazy about dressing around my carry. The P365 really is a game changer.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished the day at 242 rounds. I noticed that as soon as I switched to 147 grain HST, it was like shooting black powder. Gun went from normal dirty to gummy really damn quick. Had one failure to return to battery at round count 202. By the time I brought the weapon down from draw and dropped the mag, it had returned to battery.

Pulled the barrel and wiped all the carbon off. Hit it with a squirt of ballistol and returned to fire. 40 more rounds of HST with no issues.

I'm a little miffed at that one issue, but it beats the hell out of 20 plus RTB issues in had before it's trip to Sig.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you felt the HST was really dirty? And that gummed it up more... hmmm. Odd. Well, I'm glad it seems to be working better for you.
Ya. It was weird. Smoke was really thick. About every mag or so, I was checking for bad fouling and brass shavings. Didn't notice anything out of the norm until I got to the HST. This lot is different than the last. Primers have a red ring around them, and the boxes are smaller. Different lot # obviously, but it was still 147 grain HST standard pressure.

What I do remember now was the round or two before the RTB issue felt like it struggled to feed. Then the RTB issue. But like I said, once I wiped the gum out and hit the chamber block with a shot of Ballistol, it was smooth sailing. I don't think I put any grease on the block, just the rails.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H
Hhhhmmmmm ... Do you suppose the issue was really the 147 grain HST's or could it have been a cumulative issue?

Hard to be 100% sure. I shot the 48 rounds of HST last. That was after Blazer brass 124 FMJ and Sig 115 grain FMJ.

Next trip (hopefully this weekend) I'm going to mix and match the ammo. May just dump it in a bowl and load up. I'm at 920 through this XL. It's starting to become an expensive break in.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H

Hard to be 100% sure. I shot the 48 rounds of HST last. That was after Blazer brass 124 FMJ and Sig 115 grain FMJ.

Next trip (hopefully this weekend) I'm going to mix and match the ammo. May just dump it in a bowl and load up. I'm at 920 through this XL. It's starting to become an expensive break in.

Glad to have you doing such an 'extensive' testing, and look forward to hearing more. I really have wanted to like the P365 and the G43 and the Hellcat, but so far I am just not impressed. Maybe I'm just looking for the right excuse to buy one of ... something.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to have you doing such an 'extensive' testing, and look forward to hearing more. I really have wanted to like the P365 and the G43 and the Hellcat, but so far I am just not impressed. Maybe I'm just looking for the right excuse to buy one of ... something.

Thanks.

My current P365 has been flawless with every type of ammo I could find.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Just get you the P365. They run just fine. Some people just walk around under a little black cloud I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom