Long Term Owner Reports on Sig P365/365XL/SAS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took my P365XL grip with the SAS slide to the range -- at 5 yards and 7 yards my rounds are hitting slightly to the left; I go to 10 yards, my rounds are hitting half way between the center and the left side of target (IDPA cardboard) at 15 yards the shots are hitting at the left hand side and off the cardboard -- I go back to the standard slide -- center mass hits every time. think I will stick to the standard slide. shot 150 rounds; 72 with the SAS slide.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took my P365XL grip with the SAS slide to the range -- at 5 yards and 7 yards my rounds are hitting slightly to the left; I go to 10 yards, my rounds are hitting half way between the center and the left side of target (IDPA cardboard) at 15 yards the shots are hitting at the left hand side and off the cardboard -- I go back to the standard slide -- center mass hits every time. think I will stick to the standard slide. shot 150 rounds; 72 with the SAS slide.

Why don't you just aim at the middle of the target?

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a couple and shot a few more of relatives. Every one I shot was extremely accurate and shot to point of aim for me regardless of which magazine I used. I guess that's what made me keep coming back to it hoping to make it something I would carry. I just detest plastic striker fired guns so I could never like the P365. I shot +P 124gr or NATO ball and always hit what I aimed at. Prob 1000+ rounds thru them all.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Is there no way to adjust/drift the sights on the SAS slide from right to left?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's mine. Can't believe I haven't even shot it yet. First laser/light I've ever owned.
sig1.JPG
sis2.JPG

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I loosened the Torx screws on the SAS sight (I broke my torx driver, breaking the screws loose) I took a X-Acto blade and jammed it between the sight and the right hand side of the sight cut for the slide. Tightened the Torx screws; shot 72 round (reloads -- 115 grain Montana Gold CMJ with 4.3 grains Winchester 231) today. I had a couple of fliers but the all seemed to hit center mass;I shot at 7, 10 and 15 yards. I have to work a little harder on my sight alignment and trigger press -- I switched back to the standard slide setup; shot 128 rounds (I was happy with the results) before the sun went down. Jury still out on the SAS slide; In low light the sights are hard to pick up, will takes some time to get used to. For me, it is hard to beat the P365 standard X-Ray sights.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have over 1450 rounds through mine. Early to Mid 2019 mfr date.
Only thing it won't feed is Win USA steel case, poor feeding and numerous duds in other guns also. CRAP AMMO.
I'd buy another. Very accurate, awesome trigger, great capacity for its size.
Drawback, not full time ambi mag release. Personal preference.

EDIT. P365

Well, sold mine last week. Darn good shooter, very reliable with brass ammo, low recoiling, very easy to conceal.
Just didn't set happy with me without the ambi mag release and mags hanging up on my palm when ejecting.
I had over 1600 rounds through mine. Fantastic little gun

Latest posts

Top Bottom