1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Long Term Owner Reports on Sig P365/365XL/SAS

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by druryj, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Engineman1960

Engineman1960 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I took my P365XL grip with the SAS slide to the range -- at 5 yards and 7 yards my rounds are hitting slightly to the left; I go to 10 yards, my rounds are hitting half way between the center and the left side of target (IDPA cardboard) at 15 yards the shots are hitting at the left hand side and off the cardboard -- I go back to the standard slide -- center mass hits every time. think I will stick to the standard slide. shot 150 rounds; 72 with the SAS slide.

2. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Why don't you just aim at the middle of the target?

Engineman1960 and Neckbeard like this.
  3. Engineman1960

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I hit the target; I just wasn’t successful at hitting where I was aiming at.

4. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Many of us have that same problem.

Engineman1960 likes this.
  5. LBnM

LBnM Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I had a couple and shot a few more of relatives. Every one I shot was extremely accurate and shot to point of aim for me regardless of which magazine I used. I guess that's what made me keep coming back to it hoping to make it something I would carry. I just detest plastic striker fired guns so I could never like the P365. I shot +P 124gr or NATO ball and always hit what I aimed at. Prob 1000+ rounds thru them all.

6. O4L

O4L Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Is there no way to adjust/drift the sights on the SAS slide from right to left?

7. ronny

ronny Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Here's mine. Can't believe I haven't even shot it yet. First laser/light I've ever owned. sig1.JPG sis2.JPG

8. Engineman1960

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I loosened the Torx screws on the SAS sight (I broke my torx driver, breaking the screws loose) I took a X-Acto blade and jammed it between the sight and the right hand side of the sight cut for the slide. Tightened the Torx screws; shot 72 round (reloads -- 115 grain Montana Gold CMJ with 4.3 grains Winchester 231) today. I had a couple of fliers but the all seemed to hit center mass;I shot at 7, 10 and 15 yards. I have to work a little harder on my sight alignment and trigger press -- I switched back to the standard slide setup; shot 128 rounds (I was happy with the results) before the sun went down. Jury still out on the SAS slide; In low light the sights are hard to pick up, will takes some time to get used to. For me, it is hard to beat the P365 standard X-Ray sights.

9. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Here is the way to beat the stock X-Ray sights. Ameriglo ProDot. I have this front sight on both my 365s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. mouthpiece

mouthpiece Sharpshooter

Special Hen
    Rating
    100%
    Well, sold mine last week. Darn good shooter, very reliable with brass ammo, low recoiling, very easy to conceal.
    Just didn't set happy with me without the ambi mag release and mags hanging up on my palm when ejecting.
    I had over 1600 rounds through mine. Fantastic little gun

bigred1 likes this.