Long Term Owner Reports on Sig P365/365XL/SAS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve owned 3 including the one I carry daily. Round count is north of 1000 and no issues with the EDC. I jUst ordered an SAS slide. The only issue I had with any was a range gun at Big Boys that was filthy. It would fail to go into battery.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been intrigued by the 365 since it came out but I can't really justify one when my Shield has been so good. I had @Gunbuffer put a tritium front site on it and buff out the trigger like only he could do. I'd guess it's got 1400 rounds on it now and I think it's perfect, as in never a malfunction of any kind. Wife tried to steal it, so I bought her her own a couple of years ago. It came in with a trigger almost, not quite, but almost as good as 'Buffer's work. Luck of the draw I guess. Neither gun has ever failed. I have 4 nice carry guns, a Shield, two M&P FS, and a H&K P30 with a Keeper's AIWB Holster for all of them. The Shield is the one I always seem to grab. I guess I'll keep waiting and watching...

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Been intrigued by the 365 since it came out but I can't really justify one when my Shield has been so good. I had @Gunbuffer put a tritium front site on it and buff out the trigger like only he could do. I'd guess it's got 1400 rounds on it now and I think it's perfect, as in never a malfunction of any kind. Wife tried to steal it, so I bought her her own a couple of years ago. It came in with a trigger almost, not quite, but almost as good as 'Buffer's work. Luck of the draw I guess. Neither gun has ever failed. I have 4 nice carry guns, a Shield, two M&P FS, and a H&K P30 with a Keeper's AIWB Holster for all of them. The Shield is the one I always seem to grab. I guess I'll keep waiting and watching...
Same here. I have tried several other subcompacts including the P365, but they just don't work for me like the Shield.

Another plus is that is usually priced a lot less than the newer models that have come out since it was introduced.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of the first ones locally, or have the first one sent to Sportsworld. Can't remember the date of build. Had the FTRB issues from the start. Called Sig, and they sent a tag, had it back in under 2 weeks. Haven't had one issue since, not sure how many rounds it has through it but it's well beyond a few K by now I'm sure. Shot several types of ammo through it, again with no issues. Will be picking up an XL pretty soon.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The slide came in today! Think I'm really gonna like this addition to an already great gun!

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing. Lost a few pounds over the last couple months. Been carrying my 17 in a keepers. My desire to get a 43x or 48 has seriously dwindled.
Grandpa guts like mine kind of mandate thinness in the CCW gear! I inherited it from my grandpa, what can I say...Otherwise I could totally see carrying a 17 or even a 34 or 9Pro in a Keepers.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
P365XL returned from Sig yesterday. Said they polished, replaced the RSA and cleaned it. I can see the feed ramp, RSA that locks into the locking block and chamber area has been polished. Not sure what oil substance they use, but it looks as thin as water.

Ballistol and Lucas Oil/Grease and I'm ready for the weekend. Said they fired 100 rounds and not an issue. I will believe it when I get another 3-400 down range with no issues. I'm creeping up on 800 rounds with this weapon and it is no where near carry ready.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
P365XL returned from Sig yesterday. Said they polished, replaced the RSA and cleaned it. I can see the feed ramp, RSA that locks into the locking block and chamber area has been polished. Not sure what oil substance they use, but it looks as thin as water.

Ballistol and Lucas Oil/Grease and I'm ready for the weekend. Said they fired 100 rounds and not an issue. I will believe it when I get another 3-400 down range with no issues. I'm creeping up on 800 rounds with this weapon and it is no where near carry ready.
OK, let us know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom