Long Term Owner Reports on Sig P365/365XL/SAS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
….and it began it's journey to New England today. Hopefully it'll be back and working the way it supposed to in a couple of weeks.

Got it back today. They replaced the barrel, recoil spring, and mag. Also looks like they 'buffed' a spot inside the SAS slide. Seems to work like it should now! If so, that's great service (other than having an issue to start with)! To New Hampshire, serviced, and back to Oklahoma in 6 days --- not bad.

The recoil spring definitely feels 'stiffer' now than before --- don't remember it being this stiff even when new. May have been part of the issue.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Got it back today. They replaced the barrel, recoil spring, and mag. Also looks like they 'buffed' a spot inside the SAS slide. Seems to work like it should now! If so, that's great service (other than having an issue to start with)! To New Hampshire, serviced, and back to Oklahoma in 6 days --- not bad.

The recoil spring definitely feels 'stiffer' now than before --- don't remember it being this stiff even when new. May have been part of the issue.

That is a quick turnaround. Hope it works right for you now. If I wasn’t such a Glock fan I’d buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I pickup another P365, couldn’t pass up the deal -- I like the grip of the XL -- even though you can get the same feel with the extended magazine -- still like the XL grip frame better -- So I ordered one from Osage County Guns -- I installed the Sig flat trigger; that was an exciting day -- used all kinds of highly technical 4 letter words we use in aircraft maintenance -- they mean the same when working on cars or firearms. But got it installed -- Installed the XL grip frame -- 1 pin -- but the new grip didn’t come with a magazine release, So, I removed the release from my old grip and installed on the new grip but I installed it on the WRONG side for me. So, I remove the release again but in the process I screwed up the plastic stop for the release, i torn the plastic lever off.

Called around town -- NO JOY; no one has one. looked at Sig Sauer small parts; Osage County Guns; Top Gun Supply; Brownells. All backordered -- So I called Sig Sauer customer service -- get a rough idea of how long I have to wait -- So, Steven found me just the stop not the whole $19.99 kit, should be on the way, I also ordered the backordered SAS Slide

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's FAST! I'm impressed!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jury is still in deliberation.

I like the sighting system. However, I'm still having a ton of failures to feed, even after Sig's recommended 150 to 200 rounds (I tried multiple brands, weights, and even the Sig 365 ammo). I've been in contact with Sig and it looks like I'll have to send it in with the gun to have them work their 'magic'. When I switched back to the original slide, it went back to zero issues.

If I could go back in time, I don't think I'd get this 'upgrade'. I'm hoping they'll get it work with zero issues. My P365 went from "I'd trust it anytime, anywhere" to "maybe I should've carried the Beretta..." even with the original slide back on it.

I feel your pain. Once a handgun fails on me like you describe above, I lose confidence in it. A few years back I had a Sig P239 I really wanted to love, but after it failed to feed FMJ a few times, out of different mags, I had to get rid of it. Funny thing about trust is once it’s lost, it’s hard to get it back.

My P365, purchased new in May, 2019 has never missed a beat, but if it ever does, I’ll probably drop it like a bad habit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Started with a used P365; installed the flat trigger and SAS Slide (don’t like the ported barrel on the SAS model, so ordered SAS replacement slide from Sig). Finally got the XL slide together today -- crappy day to shoot. This is how it looks.
P365 SAS Build.jpg

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Once a handgun fails on me like you describe above, I lose confidence in it. A few years back I had a Sig P239 I really wanted to love, but after it failed to feed FMJ a few times, out of different mags, I had to get rid of it. Funny thing about trust is once it’s lost, it’s hard to get it back.

My P365, purchased new in May, 2019 has never missed a beat, but if it ever does, I’ll probably drop it like a bad habit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it's back to 'right as rain'! No issues since it's come back from the mothership. In fact, I now own 2 of these Sig P365 jewels!

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up my fist Sig P365 from another user on the site. Came with a nice vedder light tuck and pocket holster. Looking forward to putting it through its paces............

Latest posts

Top Bottom