Lookiing for a good 22LR pistol...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I second the grab a gun Mark IV for 285. I recently bought a Ruger Mark IV lite. The Mark IV's remind me of AR's in a way, there are a ton of upgrades for them. You can have a $300 gun or a $1200 version. I added the Volquartsen Accurizing kit on mine, it ran me $90 at Brownells, and it's the best $90 I have spent in a long time. It turned a good gun into a great one. https://grabagun.com/ruger-mkiv-22-45-22lr-5-5-bl-sy.html

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Ruger mark II new in the box that I was thinking about putting in the Vorlquartsen accurizing kit and finally shooting it or putting it up for sale since my son doesn't seem interested in it and I haven't done a thing with it. I know I know I've been slacking.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I second the grab a gun Mark IV for 285. I recently bought a Ruger Mark IV lite. The Mark IV's remind me of AR's in a way, there are a ton of upgrades for them. You can have a $300 gun or a $1200 version. I added the Volquartsen Accurizing kit on mine, it ran me $90 at Brownells, and it's the best $90 I have spent in a long time. It turned a good gun into a great one. https://grabagun.com/ruger-mkiv-22-45-22lr-5-5-bl-sy.html

I "third" the MK IV, and agree, the VQ Kit is a great way to drop another $90 or so and make that baby a winner! Mine is easy to clean, eats pretty much any ammo, it's accurate, and it will last a lifetime and a half.

Two others you might like: The Ruger SR-22 and the S&W M&P .22 Compact. (Not the full-size M&P .22; the Compact). See; S&W actually makes the Compact while UMAREX, who is a BB gun maker, makes the full size. My S&W .22 Compact is an incredibly reliable and very friendly little gem of a pistola.

Latest posts

Top Bottom