Lookiing for a good 22LR pistol...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GED...knowing your affinity for S&W, I'd just recommend saving a few extra bucks to drop on a K22, 17, or 617. Prices on rimfire Smiths were actually not that bad at the recent Tulsa show. There were a handful of 5 screw K22's in the $550-$675 range. I ended up scoring an 8 3/8" forged, pre-lock 617 for only $609 at the show and the same seller (WD Guns out of Alva, OK) had a 4" MIM, pre-lock 617 on the table for the same price. I've recently been seeing LNIB -3 and later Model 17's bringing less than $700 on GB as well.

d12

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W 22a
Out of production but plenty available still NIB in or under your price range.
Easy takedown. Multiple barrel length choices, target grips available, easy optic mounting (if that's your thing).

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, one of the best feeling, easiest pointing pistols I ever held and shot was a S&W 622, it just seemed very natural. They came in different lengths and the S&W 422 is the same thing, I think, only blued. If I was to ever get rid of my Ruger for something else, one of those S&W would be it. Might see if you can hunt up one of them on the used circuit..

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like it. And, it has digested any ammo I stuffed in it. Mine came from Gene Sears. I had narrowed my choices down to the S&W 22A or the Beretta. I liked the way the Beretta felt in my hand, and Gene had it at a price I just couldn't pass up! (BTW - I did NOT like the feel of the 22A, but that's just me.)

Neos.jpg

(Sorry for the crappy pic)

Latest posts

Top Bottom