Looking at getting a new powder scale. Chargemaster vs Rangemaster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burney

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new powder scale. What does everyone recommend? Are the additional features of the RCBS Rangemaster worth the additional cost as compared to the Chargemaster? Are there other brands I should take a look at?

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new powder scale. What does everyone recommend? Are the additional features of the RCBS Rangemaster worth the additional cost as compared to the Chargemaster? Are there other brands I should take a look at?
I haven't tried other brands, but I've been very happy with my RCBS Chargemaster Lite.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in your boat, Barney

I looked at the Hornady, but 90% of all my reloading equipment is RCBS. There MUST be a reason for that

It will most likely come down to $$$, at the time I take the plunge.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old Pact. Its probably getting close to 20 years old. I've looked at the Chargemaster and will probably go that route if/when this one gives up. Even though it has a lifetime warranty I know I couldn't find the receipt if they require it.

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the Hornady Lock and Load auto charge and haven't had any issues.. I did purchase an after market "powder nozzle orifice" for it based on a friends recommendation. (got that off ebay)
I have no experience using any of the others so I have no way to compare... Hornady LNL hasn't given me any issues, especially when it comes to the most import role of weight variance although I do find with certain powders... If I want to use the faster speeds.. the after market piece makes the machine so much more effective.

Latest posts

Top Bottom