Looking at purchase of Ruger American Target 8360

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have shot the Ruger American plastic stock in both 22LR and 22mag and generally like the guns. Looking to upgrade to heavy threaded barrel. Threaded barrel is of great importance, cost to thread std barrel is almost as much as a new gun. Will be used as "Field" gun for rest shooting at small stationary animals out to 75-90 yards. Expecting 0.7 to 1.4 MOA with different price ammo. I have found a used Ruger Target heavy barrel thumbhole stock gun at a reasonable price. I can not test fire the gun. Thinking about buying/borrowing a bore camera to look at chamber and bore. I am aware that some had splits at the opening in the forearm which I found out after initial look at gun. some bolts are pretty roughly machined. Probably will not be able to remove action from stock. I looked for go/no-go/field gauges that I might rent but have not found any. Gun felt ok for LOP but may add another 1/2" as I am 6'2'. Any other things I should be looking at?

Latest posts

Top Bottom