Looking for 1911 Gunsmith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spider-Monkey717

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the process of getting the e last parts to my dream 1911 build, a 7in longslide, and looking for a gunsmith in the area capable of putting it together and painting/coatings/finishing it. I live in the Norman/Moore area. I know of Blue Haven, H&H, COPS, Big Boy and Wilshire. But looking for a 1911 smith. Any help is most appreciated.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First off some parts don't play well with others parts, hence the agree on a parts list.
Secondly, a 7" gun will run just fine. I've got several 6" 1911 type pistols and function is flawless.

I think a 7" will be really cool.

Spider-Monkey717

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all for all the feedback. I will post pics. In terms of parts gram is an extended gov gram from JEM guns, Slide/barrel/spring/guide rod is all from Fusion Firearms (Tri-cut with rmr). The rest of the bits I used Nighthawk/Wilson Combat/Ed Brown/Kimber. They are all supposed to fit the Colt model 70 to which the gram and slide are supposed to meet. But fair enough about agreeing in parts first. Due to the supply I wanted to get what I think could work then get the smith.

Latest posts

Top Bottom