• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Looking for 32 acp defense ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, the Seecamp 32 will not shoot a number of factory ammo due to its design. I went to the website tonight and here is what they say will shoot smoothly in this pistol.

.32 ACP (personal preferences)
We recommend the following ammunition:

Winchester Silvertip 60gr. HP
Federal Premium Hydra Shok 65gr. JHP
Speer Gold Dot 60gr. GDHP
PMC Bronze 60gr. JHP

These are the only ones that have been tested and proven to feed correctly.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance.
You sure they're not just talking about hollow points? I've never heard of a 32 that wouldn't shoot FMJs.

LivinLightly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You sure they're not just talking about hollow points? I've never heard of a 32 that wouldn't shoot FMJs.
Hi JR777, the Seecamp was designed and built around the Winchester Silvertip 60gr. HP. There isn’t enough clearance or head room for a taller round like a round nose. It took me a while digging in forums and on YouTube to discover this “design issue”.

i appreciate you asking for clarification. Hope that this explains my quest.

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi JR777, the Seecamp was designed and built around the Winchester Silvertip 60gr. HP. There isn’t enough clearance or head room for a taller round like a round nose. It took me a while digging in forums and on YouTube to discover this “design issue”.

i appreciate you asking for clarification. Hope that this explains my quest.
Well it makes sense if you were going to design a 32 specifically optimized for hollow points. The biggest issue with HPs in 32s is the extra room in the magazine, because it can allow the rounds to shift and upset that unique kind of stacking that semi auto mag fed 32s suffer. That, along with the penetration issue, is the main reason people are told not to use HPs or flat nose in a mag fed 32. In a typical 32 magazine they rely heavily on the round nose almost touching the mag wall to make sure it can't let the rounds get rimlocked.

ETA: I did see quite a few HP offerings on ammoseek earlier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom