Looking for a Heating Element type of product.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of different minds here on OSA so I thought I'd ask this question here.

So, I have project I'm doing at home because I have most of the materials on had already. I'm wanting to build my own portable boot and glove dryer. I know they can be had on amazon for $50-$100 but sort of want to give this a shot. What i'm looking for is something like the heating element tube portion in a hair dryer that can plug into the wall but I only need to get to about 90* - 100* temperature wise. Any products out there that would meet this criteria? Thanks for the help.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty low temps. You might be able to put a couple in series if you don't want to use a thermostat.

Hmmm... at those temps, a fan alone might do as well. You're basically talking body temperature.

Just a thought. :drunk2:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hairdryers even on low heat setting seem to have a duty cycle and they are still pretty warm. My checking on boot/glove dryers is that the temps they put out is about 105* or so. Setting my device next to a floor vent may be sufficient or just leaving on for 3-4 hours in the evening with room temp air would probably work fine too. I know my question is a long-shot but thought I'd ask.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use good ol’ redneck ingenuity. Make a stand for each boot. Buy two old hair dryers from the thrift store. Duct tape the dryers to the stands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom