Looking for advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting situation I have.

I've used a local storage facility for almost 25 years, I store my boat there(inside), and have a storage unit that has stuff in it. The ownership changed hands last year, PO was great, new owner is absent. The gate has been broken for months, and the facility is trashed out and people are actually living in some of the units now. I'm vacating, but am wondering if there are any laws or ordinance in Tulsa that govern people living in storage units, or anything else that might get the city to pay some attention to these folks?

I've thought about contacting a local news station as well.

I know who the owner is, tried contacting him with no response, the person managing the facility is not responsive either.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Were it me, I’d mind my own business, MOVE my stuff out and keep on going. Let someone else worry about the property and people living there.
Here’s my question before involving “the man” nowadays: is someone hurt or about to be harmed? If not, I just keep on trucking. Let them live their life and you live yours.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the same issue with a nationally established corporate owned facility in OKC. Been there 3 years, they raised my rent for a 12x15 from $95 to $158 in that time. Tons of homeless people living inside, lots of trash. I tried bringing it up to the employee who works there, he got defensive and even lashed out at me. Not worth my time. I would just try to find somewhere to move and leave it be.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Were it me, I’d mind my own business, MOVE my stuff out and keep on going. Let someone else worry about the property and people living there.
Here’s my question before involving “the man” nowadays: is someone hurt or about to be harmed? If not, I just keep on trucking. Let them live their life and you live yours.
I'm moving, there is more to the story I haven't provided, basically one of the "tenants" has eluded to the possibility of my boat disappearing, I've already paid the rent for September, I suspect I will just write that off.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree on ”not saying anything“!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.

This what is wrong with our Country, people don’t stand up for what is right. Raise hell and report the stupid **** that is being allowed at that place! Help be part of the solution instead of looking the other way!

Latest posts

Top Bottom