Looking for advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree on ”not saying anything“!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.

This what is wrong with our Country, people don’t stand up for what is right. Raise hell and report the stupid **** that is being allowed at that place! Help be part of the solution instead of looking the other way!
That is true and correct. But one would need to assemble a force before attacking a force. Unless of course they're faster than a speeding bullet and more powerful than a locomotive.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. I would be moving my boat immediately. Everything by end month.
2. Pics
3. Document complaints to Mgr and Owner.
4. Contact Po Po, BBB, TV, City zoning, newspaper.
Lot's of pics, included in a recent google 1 star review as well. One recent review the person indicates their unit was broken into, boat was stolen, and the Manager rented it to someone else by the time they discovered it.

I've emailed the Owner several times, no response, and the Manager is worthless.

I'm going to call TPD non-emergency and see if there is anything they can do, BBB is a good idea although I've never thought they were anything useful. Headed towards media next.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting situation I have.

I've used a local storage facility for almost 25 years, I store my boat there(inside), and have a storage unit that has stuff in it. The ownership changed hands last year, PO was great, new owner is absent. The gate has been broken for months, and the facility is trashed out and people are actually living in some of the units now. I'm vacating, but am wondering if there are any laws or ordinance in Tulsa that govern people living in storage units, or anything else that might get the city to pay some attention to these folks?

I've thought about contacting a local news station as well.

I know who the owner is, tried contacting him with no response, the person managing the facility is not responsive either.
I'd be willing to bet the owner has already contacted authorities and has been told, sorry but its above our pay grade.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet the owner has already contacted authorities and has been told, sorry but its above our pay grade.
So you are thinking they know about it, but can't do anything about it?

I think they know about it, but I can't reconcile why they have turned a blind eye to it. This place was really good before, great pricing, and it was always 100% occupancy with a wait list. Now it is 50% at best. Why would someone buy a business and let it go like that?

I'm looking for all of the financial reasons, the only one I can think of is washing money... :)

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you are thinking they know about it, but can't do anything about it?

I think they know about it, but I can't reconcile why they have turned a blind eye to it. This place was really good before, great pricing, and it was always 100% occupancy with a wait list. Now it is 50% at best. Why would someone buy a business and let it go like that?

I'm looking for all of the financial reasons, the only one I can think of is washing money... :)
Yes . 20 million behind on electric bill, food banks seeing record numbers of people. Homelessness increases daily . The overall big picture is deterioration.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lot's of pics, included in a recent google 1 star review as well. One recent review the person indicates their unit was broken into, boat was stolen, and the Manager rented it to someone else by the time they discovered it.

I've emailed the Owner several times, no response, and the Manager is worthless.

I'm going to call TPD non-emergency and see if there is anything they can do, BBB is a good idea although I've never thought they were anything useful. Headed towards media next.

As far as ACTION, BBB will / can do nothing.

However, they do post bad previews, complaints and problems.
Many look at BBB reviews before dealing with a business.
Reputable businesses are quick to respond to posted complaints.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some time back there was an article or report on someone living in a storage facility and they had them move out because there was no toilet facilities, water or other conveniences that typically are in a home or living facility. It is sad that we've come to this but with inflation and rent increasing what can they do? I met someone in an RV park a month ago who was living in a travel trailer. The couple had sold their home when prices were extremely high and decided to live in a travel trailer. Nice truck and trailer-he said that's all we own right here. Now they can't buy a home and they're stuck camping.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting situation I have.

I've used a local storage facility for almost 25 years, I store my boat there(inside), and have a storage unit that has stuff in it. The ownership changed hands last year, PO was great, new owner is absent. The gate has been broken for months, and the facility is trashed out and people are actually living in some of the units now. I'm vacating, but am wondering if there are any laws or ordinance in Tulsa that govern people living in storage units, or anything else that might get the city to pay some attention to these folks?

I've thought about contacting a local news station as well.

I know who the owner is, tried contacting him with no response, the person managing the facility is not responsive either.
news on 6 or 23

Latest posts

Top Bottom