Looking for an AR SBR/pistol upper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been thinking about building an AR pistol since the ATF reversed their reversal. After pricing out an upper, minus CH and BCG, it's pretty easy to blow $500. I can buy a 10.5" Aero M4E1 upper for $329, which seems like a pretty good deal since just the upper and handguard are about $225.

I don't mind paying a little extra for quality, but I'm not gonna drop $1400 on a BCM pistol just so I can say that I own a BCM pistol.

Any suggestions on a quality pistol or pistol upper that's priced reasonably in this buyer's market?

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Go by Fatboy, they will hook you up! Give them the options you like and what you're looking to spend. They have plenty of pre-builds and will put something together for you. Show you where it's good to spend the extra based on your preferences and budget.

Shawn Prada

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a new in the wrapper Aero stripped lower and basic lower parts kit (about $125 combined); within the last few weeks bought a pistol buffer tube (about $15); buffer and spring ($25). a new 5.56 PSA complete pistol/SBR upper with A2 sight tower, A2 handguard, charging handle and bolt carrier ($300). Had a spare flip up rear sight on hand. Could have gone cheaper on a home-built upper/barrel and a cheaper lower. The basic pistol setup totals under $500 for a basic AR pistol. I could probably shave some cost with a cheaper stripped lower but I'm not sure how much cheaper I can build an upper after I add sights, bolt, and charging handle for my 308 rifle. I think the PSA is a good value.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://outdoorsportsusa.com/index.php?route=common/home
I've purchased a couple excellent kits from these guys. I've read some negative reviews, but my experience has 100% positive. Most of the parts aren't name brand, but made an excellent truck pistol. Look for their sales. Built a complete pistol for about $360

I've bought from them, too. Only think I think was a poor purchase was the inexpensive flip-up sights. I wouldn't buy those again. Everything else, I think was fine. I believe a couple of the AR grips I had to trim a small amount of plastic from the back to fit perfectly flush.

www.223handguard.com is another low-budget option that I have been extremely pleased with.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've bought from them, too. Only think I think was a poor purchase was the inexpensive flip-up sights. I wouldn't buy those again. Everything else, I think was fine. I believe a couple of the AR grips I had to trim a small amount of plastic from the back to fit perfectly flush.

www.223handguard.com is another low-budget option that I have been extremely pleased with.
Yea the sights were/are garbage. Definitely upgraded those

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PSA has their 10.5" Freedom upper with FF M-LOK handguard, KAK can, and CH/BCG for $299.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...ok-slant-12-freedom-upper-with-bcg-or-ch.html

Primary Arms has their exclusive Seekins Precision 10.5" upper, with CH and BCG, for $399.
http://www.primaryarms.com/0151100011

I can't build an upper, or have one built, this cheap. Given these two options, which is the better deal? I prefer the configuration of the PSA, but I'm leaning towards the Seekins because it's a Seekins.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
But BCM 9" blackout.. lol

Here's mine

IMG_3853.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom