Looking for boot grips for smith 686 3"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 442 Performance Center came with these, although it now wears Altamonts:
(Pics and description stolen from the internet)
A second feature that bears mentioning is instead of the standard rubber boot grip, this 442 comes with the DeSantis Clip Grip, polymer grips designed to allow for holstering in a belt or waistband without having to use a holster. These grips initially feel somewhat cheesy in that they’re plastic, however, they do have an added advantage for those with large hands in providing a little more space in which to allow those large paws to perfectly lay on the trigger.
IMG_7512.jpg
IMG_7511.jpg
IMG_7508.jpg

My neighbor asked to try them out on his J frame and he is smitten with them. Says they're the best grips he's used.
Not Altamont, but I think they are boot, so I thought I'd throw it out there as an alternative
Edit: you said 686. They won't fit. But the benefit of S&W is the fact that the frames haven't changed in decades. Go on eBay and look for L frame grips and you'll find hundreds of ideas. Altamont also runs an ebay store for their overstocks and returns, etc. Sometimes there are great deals on there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom