Looking for EDC pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wanting a new pack, double strap, enough room for a day pack but big enough to carry a full size pistol, light, gloves, first aid kit, small kit for tools, poncho, I pad, writing utensils, notebook, etc.

Price I'm looking at is 50-100 are but if something is bomb proof for a bit more so be it. My last bag has lasted for several years but I never cared for the sling bag concept but a friends son loved it for school so now it resides with him.

Appreciate any and all help, things have changed a lot in 10 years.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 5.11 rush 24 that I fell in love with, then one night a stranger borrowed it out of my truck without permission and im still waiting on them to return it. It was a little big for EDC as it was a standard backpack size. I replaced it witb a 5.11 moab 10, its smaller, but the single strap sling thing is mehh like you said. I also have a 5.11 rush 72 that I dont like at all as it is HUGE and I dont care for the open compression compartment thing on it. Ive actually been thinking of sewing it shut, but I would still never use it. Then I have a MARPAT surplus assult pack that I like for outings, but it lacks compartments and organization capabilities. Sorry thats all the packs i use currently. Need to sell some and get another rush 24...

Millerdog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree on the 5.11. I've carried mine every day for three years now and has held up great. I have the Rush 24 which is a little larger than you need every day but is super handy when you need to carry a little extra like a change of clothes or have a place to stuff a light jacket. I carry my laptop in it occasionally.It will haul a lot of guns! Lots of pockets to keep stuff organized. They do have the Rush 12 which smaller than the 24 but was a little to small for me but would be great pack for what you describe your use was.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this thread is several months old but thought I'd post as others will read it and get different ideas. I have a large BOB I keep in my truck but have a seperate EDC backpack I carry. I went away from the tactical look as I think it will draw less attention if chit really went south and i was out in public trying to get somewhere and not attract unwanted attention.

I use the North Face Overhaul 40. IT has a lot of different compartments and a real nice organizer type area for small stuff. In it I carry my Shield .40 and box of 100 Rounds of HP Ammo along with three extra mags. I can't CCW at work so it stays in my pack. Also has a Condor T&T Pouch that it carries a lighter, firestarter, Flint/Steel, Hacksaw Blade, ESEE Izula II Knife, Emergency blanket, Pen/Pencil and Note Pad, Flashlight, and several other items. I also carry my IPad in the provided space dedicated for laptops or iPads. Also carry about 100' of 550 cord and other small stuff dependent on what i am doing.

I'm a pretty big guy at 6'1" 250 lbs and not may packs fit by build well. Doesn't make me fell like Chris Farley and a "fat guy in a little coat"

IMG_0330.JPG
IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom