Looking for guidance in NE OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creekrat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I’m looking at possibly wanting to build a 300wm as a hunting rig and am seeking some guidance. Ultimately I’d like a custom action and a carbon barrel in a manners stock but that may be down the road just a bit. For the time being I am wanting to find a smith that would be willing to walk me through and let me do the machining. I have been around mills and lathes and have made simple parts on them in the past. I’ve also assembled several AR rifle from bare receivers to fully functioning so I am not totally clueless. I live in Grove and am fortunate enough to have a job where I work 3 weeks and then have 3 weeks off so I’d have some time to make this happen with anyone that would be willing to help. For the time being I would be more than ok blueprinting a 700 action and running a stainless barrel.

TIA

Paul

creekrat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe someone on here doesn’t really like their wife....lol

I have a friend here in grove that has a lathe and mill and does smithing work but he does not have a spider and has not done any long range capable hunting rifles so he is a little weary about attempting it. With my free time I’ve considered looking at getting an older tool room lathe and starting to do some work mostly for family and friends. I’m also looking at taking some of the summer classes at MSC if they align with my work schedule.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom