Looking for gun ranges in Edmond area for newish shooter (not me)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been a long time! I came up middle of the night from Texas. Sister had something happen where she decides she wants to learn how to shoot. Looking for a range in that area that's maybe outdoor, not too busy, accommodating to new shooters where I can give her and her kids a rundown on safe firearm handling and use. Her kids attending is why I'm hoping for a range that isn't too busy or had a place where we can go off a little bit more by ourselves Having some ammo available for purchase would be nice. She will be in Edmond area this morning so I'm hoping to meet her up there though we can travel up to ~30 miles. It's been so long since I have been in the area, I'm just super out of the loop right now. Thanks for any advice!

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKC Gun Club will be busy today with the NRA Women on Target (fun shoot) event. Multiple ranges will be closed and 100s of women will be moving around the ranges.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are willing to travel about 30 miles I'd suggest Sears Shooting Sports (Banner Range / Canadian Range) just west of Yukon. You'll need to bring your own ammo though, I don't believe they have any for sale on site. It's a pretty good outdoor range that should be just what you're needing to train your sister and her children.

https://www.facebook.com/searsshootingsports

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

If you are willing to travel about 30 miles I'd suggest Sears Shooting Sports (Banner Range / Canadian Range) just west of Yukon. You'll need to bring your own ammo though, I don't believe they have any for sale on site. It's a pretty good outdoor range that should be just what you're needing to train your sister and her children.

https://www.facebook.com/searsshootingsports
I’d go with @thor447 ‘s suggestion. It’s right at 30 minutes if you take the turnpike. As mentioned above, there’s an additional 500 people at the OKCGC today. Just parking would be a hassle

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey all, thanks for the advice! After talking with my sister, we decided that we would go back to her house to do the basic firearm safety instruction, safe handling, and dry fire practice. Since that is in Eastern OKC, we eventually decided to go to some indoor range out in Shawnee where they could give it a try. I think they mostly really enjoyed their experience, though one of the kids was too nervous to actually go through with shooting. But I think they also have a much better understanding of guns, and how they operate, and how quickly things can go wrong if they are misused or handled carelessly. So I'll call that a win! Many thanks to everyone for their recommendations. I have fond memories of the Banner Road range. Last time I lived in Oklahoma, it was in Yukon so that was my preferred range

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom