Looking for input on Acura MDX suv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before the CVT transmssions i would have bought an Acura or Honda in a heartbeat.Because of the probllems Holechit mentioned i will look for a different brand.2 of my neighbors had Acura MDX's and one was a 19 and the other was a 20 model and they didn't keep them long because of problems.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The trick with the Honda CVT is to do a partial fluid replace at every oil change. The plug was right beside my oil pan drain on my CRV and I was right there so it just kind of was "not an issue" to drop what would drain out and top back up when I was doing the engine. CVTs and especially Honda's will burn you every time if you go past the service interval. Disappointing that Honda is not a lot better than Nissan in the CVT department. :nolike: All CVTs are intolerant to letting a fluid change slide, they need it worse than a regular trans.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that Vibe engine noisy?

No not noisy at all.
The little 1.8 is not a smooth idling engine to begin with though.
A little note : Mobil synthetic is NOT used in my engines since 2007 I used to run it until they changed it and it got noisy.
MPG dropped over 3 MPG when it changed.

I do as @Shadowrider mentioned on transmission fluid changes.
My front wheel drive vehicles always got the trans fluid drained out every 6000 miles.
Engine oil every 3000.
Mobil synthetic Transmission fluid is my choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom