Looking for new broadhead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excalibur X bows is convinced that a forward weight in balance on the bolt leads to greater accuracy. I agree, as I have to shoot at a different bull each shot to keep from damaging the bolts already shot.
They have a proprietary broadhead called the Bolt Cutter that is only sold by Excalibur.
150 Grain, three blade. The blades are inserts, razor sharp.
Through a little internet research, I've found the manufacturer, but they are contract bound to not sell the point. The inserts they will sell, so one just has to buy from Excalibur, and later on buy the inserts from the manufacturer.
Very durable. The ones shot into my yellow jacket block and recovered are just as sharp as new blades.
When making a pass through on deer, and burying into the ground, there has been some damage to the inserts.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve killed a bunch of deer with Bolt Cutters, but I never got very good blood trails.

A few years ago, I bought a “lot” of broadheads from a guy on another board, and there was a bunch of different brands, weights, and configurations. I tried several and ended up sticking with the Carbon Express XT4 head. I’ve now killed several deer and a few pigs, and the so far results (for me) have been “better” than with the Bolt Cutters.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deer Slayer, as everybody knows that reads my posts I am unrepentant Old School. For many years and a lot of deer I have shot Snuffer broadheads. They are tough, fly straight (for me) and very easy to sharpen. They create a large three sided hole that leaves a good blood trail. I have had no problems in 40 + years. A friend shoots Steel Force with excellent result...they would be a good choice also.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For whitetail...anything will kill it as you probably know.

For flying like a field tip. Get something close to what a field tip is, smaller swept blades, pointer field tip. Slicktrick and exodus are recommended because the are designed similar to a field point. Broad heads with big cut on contact blades may make em bleed but typically don’t fly as well.

I like traditional archery so I shoot big heavy blades.

Latest posts

Top Bottom