Looking for New Pistol, Sig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new pistol. I've been looking at the Sig P320. I'm looking for something pretty nice and possibly starting shooting some competitions. I've also thought about a Glock 19 and doing lots of work to it too get it up to that level. What are your suggestions and experience?

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both, competed with both and carry both. I'll have both forever. I couldn't give you a clear number 1 with either honestly. Gen 5 19 MOS and P320 X-Carry.

If you're into pimping it out, Glock wins in the aftermarket department with the P320 coming in a close 2nd. I prefer the metal mags of the Sig, but I prefer the trigger and especially the trigger reset of the Glock.

Both have eaten every crap piece of ammo I could find and throw at it. Neither took any break in period either. Accuracy goes to the 19 by a slim margin and I contribute that to the Gen 5 Marksman barrel.

I'd recommend a Gen 3 or Gen 5 Glock over the 4 and I'd recommend the X-Carry grip module on the Sig.

Inquiring minds want to know, what is it about the Gen 4 that’s a problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on the particular discipline, CZ is one of the most popular manufacturers in competitions. They are generally very accurate and reliable out of the box, although some do like a little break in period.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no competition shooter but I really dig my P226 Legion and have been resisting a P320 X5, it sounds like that one has a few features that make it pretty well competition ready.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It would help to know what division you want to compete in.
To be honest, Sig isn't very big in the competition circuit. High bore axis and not a lot of aftermarket support.
CZ is HUGE for production division.
STI/SVI are top dogs in Limited and open division with CZ and Tanfoglio coming in close behind.
Glocks/M&P's can go for any of them depending how you want the gun set up, but unless you can run them like a professional, you'll be behind the curve.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would help to know what division you want to compete in.
To be honest, Sig isn't very big in the competition circuit. High bore axis and not a lot of aftermarket support.
CZ is HUGE for production division.
STI/SVI are top dogs in Limited and open division with CZ and Tanfoglio coming in close behind.
Glocks/M&P's can go for any of them depending how you want the gun set up, but unless you can run them like a professional, you'll be behind the curve.

I need to research it more as it is all brand new to me to be honest

Latest posts

Top Bottom