Looking for place to hunt hogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Curtis

New to the site!
Reaction score
I would call my hogs a problem. I just don't want anyone running dogs or tromping around where I deer hunt.
I would call my hogs a problem. I just don't want anyone running dogs or tromping around where I deer hunt.
I undetstand that its hard to trust a strainger on your property i can say i dont run dogs i would rather stalk the hog myself when i leave the woods i leave it just as i found it do not leave any gut piles or any other evidence of my presence i respect u as the land owner and i have a veary high level of respect for our wild life and its habittat so pleas feal free to replie

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have alot where you hunt ,you'll notice a decline in your deer population after a while. They destroy acorn crops,not to mention they are known for killing baby deer and eaten them.

Yep. My deer population hasn't seemed to decline but I agree that it could if the hogs aren't kept in check.

This is the first year in probably 4-5 that we've had good turkey numbers. I do blame the hogs on that.

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It can be done, but it's almost impossible to stalk hogs, hearing and smell are both every bit that of a deer,and they are one of the smartest animals in the woods. Not to mention how far they range here today and 5 miles away by morning.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's like a bunch of cute little sausage patties and links.

IMG_1174.PNG

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really, not a single person on OSA that can be trusted to hunt your so called hog problem... give me a break. Sounds like people just want to complain about a "problem" but don't want anything to be done about it. Why don't people with this problem just go out and hunt themselves?

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really, not a single person on OSA that can be trusted to hunt your so called hog problem... give me a break. Sounds like people just want to complain about a "problem" but don't want anything to be done about it. Why don't people with this problem just go out and hunt themselves?
Most do hunt them and have friends that hunt them also. The usda was employing people to trap and kill them for farmers at their request, but I believe that's been stopped due to budget cuts. With no natural predators ,they reproduce very rapidly, a sow will normally have two litters a year, litters size is normally 8 to 12 piglets and they all survive. So you do the math in a years time if you got 10 sows ,2 litters a year, in one years time you've went from 10 sows and however many boars you started with ,to 80-120 hogs. Now let a nothing year pass, you get my point.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This post proves you don't know a damn thing about wild pigs.

I'm blessed to not have pigs on my place in OK, but I've been battling them for about 20 years on my places in TX. I can only speak for myself, but I basically hunt pigs every single day. I check cows every day with a rifle on my 4 wheeler just in case they happen to be out rooting when I'm there, but the problem is that wild pigs are extremely nomadic. I've gone months with no sign of them, and then BOOM! They're back rooting for a couple days and gone again. I can't sit out there 24/7, so HOW THE HELL DO YOU PROPOSE HUNTING AN ANIMAL LIKE THAT?!?

Last edited:

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This post proves you don't know a damn thing about wild pigs.

I'm blessed to not have pigs on my place in OK, but I've been battling them for about 20 years on my places in TX. I can only speak for myself, but I basically hunt pigs every single day. I check cows every day with a rifle on my 4 wheeler just in case they happen to be out rooting when I'm there, but the problem is that wild pigs are extremely nomadic. I've gone months with no sign of them, and then BOOM! There back rooting for a couple days and gone again. I can't sit out there 24/7, so HOW THE HELL DO YOU PROPOSE HUNTING AN ANIMAL LIKE THAT?!?

Same here. Everyone I know that has them hunts them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom