Looking for place to hunt hogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Axtually I do know a lot about them. We eradicated them off our farm and all the surrounding neighbors farms by letting people hunt them. We gave them the rules for hunting them and they followed them. I even had 2 guys from here I didn't even know I let hunt them. You know what we don't have a hog problem anymore....

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Axtually I do know a lot about them. We eradicated them off our farm and all the surrounding neighbors farms by letting people hunt them. We gave them the rules for hunting them and they followed them. I even had 2 guys from here I didn't even know I let hunt them. You know what we don't have a hog problem anymore....

I find it really hard to believe you "eradicated" them by just hunting, especially since that's the least efficient method of trying to get control of the population. I do believe y'all may have temporarily ran them out of the area, but I assure you they will be back. Been there done that.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When they (wild hogs) are being spotted in urbanized areas, rooting up front yards at night (and they have), I kinda tend to believe they are a bigger problem than some would think. I dunno, though, because I don't own any land in a rural area.

And for the record, if I catch one rooting around in my yard, the city will just have to come out and cite me for firing a weapon inside city limits. I've been cornered by "domestic" pigs. I'm not fooling around with "wild" ones.

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it really hard to believe you "eradicated" them by just hunting, especially since that's the least efficient method of trying to get control of the population. I do believe y'all may have temporarily ran them out of the area, but I assure you they will be back. Been there done that.
Trapping is about the only way

Latest posts

Top Bottom