Looking for place to hunt hogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When they (wild hogs) are being spotted in urbanized areas, rooting up front yards at night (and they have), I kinda tend to believe they are a bigger problem than some would think. I dunno, though, because I don't own any land in a rural area.

And for the record, if I catch one rooting around in my yard, the city will just have to come out and cite me for firing a weapon inside city limits. I've been cornered by "domestic" pigs. I'm not fooling around with "wild" ones.
A good crossbow will solve your legal problems.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good crossbow will solve your legal problems.

Yes and no. Yes, a crossbow would be legal within the city limits, but unlike a gun, it's unlikely you will "anchor" a pig with a crossbow bolt. It may not be fun explaining to your neighbor why there is a dead pig in their front flower bed.:scratch:

...or a wounded one squealing and flopping beside their pool.:blush:

Last edited:

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes and no. Yes, a crossbow would be legal within the city limits, but unlike a gun, it's unlikely you will "anchor" a pig with a crossbow bolt. It may not be fun explaining to your neighbor why there is a dead pig in their front flower bed.:scratch:

A crossbow isn't legal in all city limits either.

Model 70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Amen on that! I shot a sow last year that was laying with her back to me. The bolt ( roughly 800 grain) went in, barely clipped the spine, and exited through the ribs after having traveled through the heart. She jumped up, stood for half a second and then ran about 80 yards. Half the piglets followed her, the others followed the other two sows straight away from me. The whole story is longer than I have time for, but the bottom line is this; unless you severe the spinal cord with a lucky shot, a crossbow will not drop a pig in its tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...but it's quiet enough to not draw an immediate 911 call, and, as previously noted, if your name's not on the bolt....

Well, now, THAT I cannot argue. I think I have a suppressor around here ... somewhere ... and let me just mention this is ALL hypothetical. In reality I'd just call the poo-leese and let THEM handle it. And yes, there would most definitely be video. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom