Looking for place to hunt hogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trapping is about the only way

Speaking of Trapping. I was in Stillwater Mill today picking up some White Ladino clover to add to my food plot.
They have leg hold traps designed for hogs for sale in there. I tried to get someone to talk to me about that, but nobody was around and I was in a hurry.
Couldn't use an earth anchor as they could pull them out, but they could be tied to a tree with the supplied cable tether.
Still only get one or two and the others get smart and come nowhere near.

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of Trapping. I was in Stillwater Mill today picking up some White Ladino clover to add to my food plot.
They have leg hold traps designed for hogs for sale in there. I tried to get someone to talk to me about that, but nobody was around and I was in a hurry.
Couldn't use an earth anchor as they could pull them out, but they could be tied to a tree with the supplied cable tether.
Still only get one or two and the others get smart and come nowhere near.
Yeah,to be honest I'm not real big on leg trapping any animal, but with hogs that would go over like a fart in a whirlwind.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neighbor down the road hunts them seems like every night I think he said he culls them for the state. I know he shot a two with one shot using a 7mm magnum went thru the first one into the one next to it. Fancy that on the first day we moved here. As this happened on our property.
Twofers are not uncommon. One has to keep in mind what is behind the targeted animal. High power rifles almost always have a complete pass through.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah,to be honest I'm not real big on leg trapping any animal, but with hogs that would go over like a fart in a whirlwind.
Oklahoma trapping regs only allow an offset trap that does not "totally pinch" the leg. It only has to hold the leg via a knuckle, hence the leg hold traps regulation. You cannot leg hold trap an armadillo because they don't have the knuckle to keep it in the trap. They slip right through it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom