Looking for recommendations on an edc/work knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selzerwelding

Hog hunter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on a fairly indestructible folding knife that holds a good edge. Preferably a spring assist with partial serrations and a tanto style point. Thanks

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s hard to beat Kershaw in the bang for the buck department. CRKT makes some really good “if I lose it, it’s not expensive enough to go find it” knives, but some of their lower-priced knives are about truck stop bargain bin quality. Kershaw’s quality is pretty dang good from top to bottom, even their bargain bin knives.

One knife that I personally find indispensable as an EDC is my Camillus sailor’s knife. It’s a pretty basic knife, just a liner-lock sheepsfoot blade and a marlinspike, but, having a straight cutting edge, the blade is relatively easy to sharpen, and it holds its edge fairly well. And that marlinspike is handy as a pocket on a shirt.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to spend a pretty penny, look at Zero Tolerance. I have a ZT that’s just a simple flipper, but its action is so smooth you’d swear it was spring assisted.

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Second the Kershaw. I have carried the leek 1660ST for a long time. Easy to open and has a safety to keep the blade closed for anyone that prefers that option.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have carried a Kershaw Blur (Made in the U.S.A.) for several years and I have a couple more for backups.

I believe they make them in the configuration you are looking for.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kershaw is good value for the money and their assisted openers are a solid choice on a budget. For more $$$ I really like the Spyderco Natives and some of the mid grade Benchmades.

Last year I got a CobraTec Lightweight OTF auto and that's about all I ever carry now. They lock up tighter than the Infidel I had, have D2 blades, come pretty sharp out of the case and if you REALLY search hard, I've found them as cheap as $40 each (don't be picky about colors). All I do is loctite all the screws and give it a couple of licks on a Spyderco sharpmaker and they're gtg. They can be had with tanto point and partial serrated if that's your style. Lightweight - CobraTec Knives

Selzerwelding

Hog hunter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I'll take a look at Kershaw knives. I dont mind spending money on a good blade but I'm not a fan of tearing up my benchmade Osborn every day. Thank you guys for the recommendations

Latest posts

Top Bottom