Looking for some information about sheet aluminum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not see why You could not do it.
.080" thick would be closest to the 2MM
Some buses have aluminum backs on the seats.. there used to be a bus salvage yard somewhere in the metro.

Could steel sheet work just as well?
Say barn metal or something like that.
If you make the footing on it narrow and shift some of the weight to the rear it will easily fall over when hit.
If they are shooting airsoft pellets i wonder if those would penetrate typical .025" aluminum. that is the thickness of aluminum siding.
You could glue a thin steel sheet to the back of the siding aluminum and make it less prone to dents and penetration.

Just tossing that out there because a sheet of .080" aluminum can get pricey.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
'Back in the day', I used to get aluminum sheets from a newpaper printing press. Now that I think about it, they might not even use those in current times......

Maybe this can help enlarge your search parameters. Good luck!

Last edited:

shootemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cut the end off of a moving truck box. Haven’t thrown away the aluminum. That could be used. Not sure how thick it is though. My guess is it’s about that. Free if you come get it. In NE okc.
'Back in the day', I used to get aluminum sheets from a newpaper printing press. Now that I think about it, they might not even use those in current times......

View attachment 227638

Maybe this can help enlarge your search parameters. Good luck!

View attachment 227638
Thanks for the suggestion…. I’ll check and see!

shootemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not see why You could not do it.
.080" thick would be closest to the 2MM
Some buses have aluminum backs on the seats.. there used to be a bus salvage yard somewhere in the metro.

Could steel sheet work just as well?
Say barn metal or something like that.
If you make the footing on it narrow and shift some of the weight to the rear it will easily fall over when hit.
If they are shooting airsoft pellets i wonder if those would penetrate typical .025" aluminum. that is the thickness of aluminum siding.
You could glue a thin steel sheet to the back of the siding aluminum and make it less prone to dents and penetration.

Just tossing that out there because a sheet of .080" aluminum can get pricey.
Thanks for the help!

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there is a "Metal SuperMarket" in the Tulsa area they will have what you want and will cut the sizes you want, if you want them to.
or you can just but the sheet and cut it yourself. Cheaper that way

Latest posts

Top Bottom