Looking for Some Input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kineticpotential

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to the sport and the site. I'm newly in the market for my first handgun. I've shot several different ones and I liked different things about each.

I don't have a CCL, but I'm looking into possibly getting that taken care of in the near future as well. But for right now, I'm just looking for a gun to keep in the house. I'm comfortable enough around firearms where it seems irresponsible of me NOT to have something with which to protect my home.

I'm looking most likely at a 9mm. Of all the handguns I've shot, I felt the most comfortable and capable with 9mm. And while a larger caliber is impressive, for my money I feel like a 9mm is gonna get the job done just fine. But like I said, I'm new to all this and eager to learn more.

So I'm asking...what do you keep at the house? What do you carry? What are your favorite things about your gun? Anything that drives you nuts?

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I could only own one handgun it would be a GLOCK 19. Dead nuts reliable, high capacity, compact 9mm. Great for carry and would be fine for home defense.

Newbie_

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im sure there will be plenty of different guns listed on here. I'll add my mine to the list. I carry a M&P 9mm c and have a M&P 9mm pro for the house. Best thing is just shoot your choices and go from there.

KS.G36

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the house - S&W 12 ga. pump - 18 in barrel

Carry - Glock G36 .45 w/LaserMax. Sleeved grip, adj rear sight.

Above are my favorites, I like them both a lot. Have others, Sig, Beretta. And an old H&R sixshooter

Latest posts

Top Bottom