Looking for Some Input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to the sport and the site. I'm newly in the market for my first handgun. I've shot several different ones and I liked different things about each.

I don't have a CCL, but I'm looking into possibly getting that taken care of in the near future as well. But for right now, I'm just looking for a gun to keep in the house. I'm comfortable enough around firearms where it seems irresponsible of me NOT to have something with which to protect my home.

I'm looking most likely at a 9mm. Of all the handguns I've shot, I felt the most comfortable and capable with 9mm. And while a larger caliber is impressive, for my money I feel like a 9mm is gonna get the job done just fine. But like I said, I'm new to all this and eager to learn more.

So I'm asking...what do you keep at the house? What do you carry? What are your favorite things about your gun? Anything that drives you nuts?

38 special, 9mm, 22 mag, 22 lr, 380 acp and the rifles at home..

carry is typically 38 special. I just have a hard time concealing my 9mm and would rather have the 38 most the time anyway.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will mention the Bersa ultra compact pro 9, since it has not been mentioned yet. New, it comes with 2 13rd mags, good reliability, can be carried easily, nd is very good on the pocket book,

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shopped around for almost 2 weeks looking for the perfect handgun. I was told to wait for the one that called out to me. I handled alot of handguns, but the Ruger BlackHawk 357/9MM convertible was the one that won me over and spoke to me. I like the versatility to change out the cylinders to shoot the 9MM ammo and it also fires 38 special and 357 with the 357 cylinder. Mine is a single 6, but for home defense if I need more than 6 bullets, I have two shotguns to fall back on. I'd say that you want to balance home protection and any recreational/sport use you might want to get involved with, plus others in the home that might have to use it as previously mentioned. A person handling a gun that they have problems handling is just as dangerous to everyone in the home as an intruder could be. Concealing/carry this handgun would be a chore, but I feel safe with it concealed under my pillow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom