Looking for some shooting buddies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course you are welcome. Pics of range.

I can't recall where or how long ago I saw it but I remember seeing something about a fella that was using round hay bales as a backstop and 'X' period after he'd finished shooting one day he glanced back and saw smoke coming from one of the bales.

He ran out with the fire ext. from his truck and completely tore apart the bale and when he opened up the area inside of the bale that was smoldering to the air it flamed up and he put the fire out......assuming that the hot bullet started the fire he didn't use hay bales again as a backstop and instead went to used railroad ties in front of a dirt berm.

Like I said I can't recall when or where I heard or read this and the odds are probably slim that it will happen but it is food for thought.

bales.jpg

Garrus Vakarian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Have faith. If I wanted to kidnap you, I would post that I have a bunch of free hookers and tons of beer and mixed drinks. Oh...and make sure you don't bring any guns. Lol, use some sense that God gave you.

It's hard to make new friends as adults our age. Most are raising a family or working so much they don't have time. I figure this is a great way to meet like minded new friends.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have faith. If I wanted to kidnap you, I would post that I have a bunch of free hookers and tons of beer and mixed drinks. Oh...and make sure you don't bring any guns. Lol, use some sense that God gave you.

It's hard to make new friends as adults our age. Most are raising a family or working so much they don't have time. I figure this is a great way to meet like minded new friends.
What is your age range? I am 48, I hit 50 and started counting backwards. I want to live to be a very young man lol

Last edited:

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't recall where or how long ago I saw it but I remember seeing something about a fella that was using round hay bales as a backstop and 'X' period after he'd finished shooting one day he glanced back and saw smoke coming from one of the bales.

He ran out with the fire ext. from his truck and completely tore apart the bale and when he opened up the area inside of the bale that was smoldering to the air it flamed up and he put the fire out......assuming that the hot bullet started the fire he didn't use hay bales again as a backstop and instead went to used railroad ties in front of a dirt berm.

Like I said I can't recall when or where I heard or read this and the odds are probably slim that it will happen but it is food for thought.

View attachment 207382
We actually shot tracer rounds into a round bale and never could get it to light off. LoL.

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I was just joking.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Ya gotta have a little bit of thick skin to hang out around some of us. Not to worry even still we are almost all good people. Now... tell us more about the dead hookers you have on your shooting range =)

Latest posts

Top Bottom