Looking Good for 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The trespassing really sucks, and those are some really nice bucks. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I seriously doubt you're going to get a 10th point this late in August. I'd bet the velvet will be off in a couple weeks or less.

If it were my place, the trespassers would be getting a visit and be asked to stay out of my hunting area, and if they denied it, show them the pictures. It's hard to deny visual proof.
I had a pumper joyriding around my place a couple years ago, and he tried to deny it until I showed him pictures and offered to let him explain the situation to the law. He got really apologetic really fast.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The trespassing really sucks, and those are some really nice bucks. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I seriously doubt you're going to get a 10th point this late in August. I'd bet the velvet will be off in a couple weeks or less.

If it were my place, the trespassers would be getting a visit and be asked to stay out of my hunting area, and if they denied it, show them the pictures. It's hard to deny visual proof.
I had a pumper joyriding around my place a couple years ago, and he tried to deny it until I showed him pictures and offered to let him explain the situation to the law. He got really apologetic really fast.
You're not telling me anything I didn't know. I hope he puts the 10th on, but have no real expectation of it. As for the trespassing, if driving John comes by again he'll be getting talked to. But the beer buddy I'm going to let slide and have it be my Ace in the hole. Rumor has it he is particular about boundaries (ironic) so if I shoot a deer there is a good chance I'll have to cross his land to recover and I'll want that ammunition to make that go smoother.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_0946.JPG IMG_0940.JPG
Not a bad one with a split droptine for the kids.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my life now.
About an hour ago I got the card out of this camera and went back to the house to check it out. I found these guys are there from about 7pm-9am almost every night. I told my wife and kids to load up in the Jeep because they're probably there now. On the way we practiced the "cover your ears" in case I got a shot. Sure enough we topped the hill and they were under the feeder about 50 yards away. I jumped out, moved about 10 yards and they just stood there. Even got to tell the kiddos to cover their ears before I shot. I got a shot at the biggest white spotted one but the family was complaining about how hot it was so I didn't get to go look for her. Hopefully she's dead but it sure was fun.

IMG_1145.PNG

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed a buck Friday night that appeared to have velvet coming off one side, and then there were several bucks MIA all day yesterday and this morning. My guess is they are going to come back hard horned. It seems kind of early, but it did last year too.

Attachments

• IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 183

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something must be up around my place. I haven't got near the number of pictures the last couple day, and though there's nothing I can do about it (especially from over 500 miles away), I'm starting to get concerned. I'm really hoping it's just some kind of disruption in the cell service...:anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom