Looking Good for 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Something must be up around my place. I haven't got near the number of pictures the last couple day, and though there's nothing I can do about it (especially from over 500 miles away), I'm starting to get concerned. I'm really hoping it's just some kind of disruption in the cell service...:anyone:

When I drove thru your place the other day everything seemed normal, nothing caught my attention any way..???......... :) lol just kidding of course. Who's your cell carrier? They may be doing the "drop the velvet disappearing act".

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I drove thru your place the other day everything seemed normal, nothing caught my attention any way..???......... :) lol just kidding of course. Who's your cell carrier? They may be doing the "drop the velvet disappearing act".
Moon phase cause anything like that? I remember hearing about a huge solar flare just recently affecting things.

My initial thought was "drop the velvet disappearing act", but I've also considered that today is the big eclipse and very well could be effecting deer activity.
My cameras are on ATT, and service IS sketchy along the river at times (at times it's great too...go figure:anyone:).

This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts and that I have absolutely no control over.:explode:

By the way, IF "someone" were to drive into/through my place, I'll get Ben to show you the picture as he picks you up.:hey3: I had some what appeared to be less than a month old vehicle tracks in places other than the oil field roads, and I set up non-cellular cameras on a couple entrances. Like I said in a previous post to shootermcgavin, it's really hard to deny visual proof of trespassing.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't have any pictures over the last 3 days or so. One camera was empty, and the camera that gets the most action was in setup mode
It happens. I put one out last year and forgot to turn it on.

In about 20 years of using game cameras, I've probably done it a handful of times and am OCD about it now. It always pays to double check.:thumb:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It happens. I put one out last year and forgot to turn it on.

I've done it more than once. I'm a multitasker that is always thinking way ahead of the current task, and with all good intentions, just walk away and don't push that switch to ON.
Maybe get another feeder going tomorrow and get one camera going.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of velvet!

Attachments

• IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 183