Looking to add .380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radisri

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been toying around with this idea. MY EDC is a Glock 19 and Concealed also a S&W M&P on occasion. Sometimes what attire I wear this prints too much. I see S&W have a .380 Shield or the bodyguard also a ruger .380. Not a real fan of the Glock triggers. The shield looks promising. I haven't shot a .380 before. I have carpal tunnel so even shooting a 9mm hurts like crap come range time. At the range I rotate between a 22 and the 9.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shooting a small .380 can be relative to shooting some 9mms IMO so the above advice to rent is sound.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are looking for low recoil, I suggest you try to find a Sig P238 to try out, you might like it in several ways, it has a lot of nice features.

My gal pal has a Sig P238. I really like it a lot! I can group as well with it as my G19. Only drawback is the cost of the .380 ammo! As stated above, light recoil and easy to pull slide. Hell, I still may talk myself into getting my own!

Best of luck in your decision!

(I'm also drawn to the Kimber Micro 380...….decisions, decisions.....)

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My gal pal has a Sig P238. I really like it a lot! I can group as well with it as my G19. Only drawback is the cost of the .380 ammo! As stated above, light recoil and easy to pull slide. Hell, I still may talk myself into getting my own!

Best of luck in your decision!

(I'm also drawn to the Kimber Micro 380...….decisions, decisions.....)

The Sig P238 and the Kimber Micro are are both really just copies of the Colt Mustang. My wife chose the Kimber; she liked the upswept beavertail and the way the grip felt. I shot it several times and it is an accurate little gun for sure. Recoil is not bad. You can find .380 ammo online for around $13-14 per box of 50. One of the hardest hitting (as in recoil) guns I've shot was the old Ruger LCP. I wanted nothing to do with it after spraying a few mags out of it. Choose wisely, and a .380 is a good option. If I were going to go the .380 route now, it would be with a G42.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have carpal, stay away from the Kel Tec P3AT and the Ruger LCP. Tiny little .380's that are for deep cover, but they recoil more than any 9mm I've ever shot including my wifes P-938 with +P loads.