Looking to add .380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The blowback operated 380 pistols (LCP, P3AT, etc..) are a lot snappier than the locked-breech short recoil action models (Sig P238, Kimber Micro 380, etc...)

My wife had a LCP for a while. She has hand and wrist issues and has been much happier after switching to a P238.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In a 380 the Sig P238, Colt Mustang, Kimber Micro 380 or Glock 42 would be where I'd look. Sometimes you can simply do things with a pistol that size you could never do with anything larger. I was shocked how accurate I was able to shoot with a Sig P238.

I'd never discount a Ruger LCP. They're inexpensive, no fun to shoot but super valuable with a quick clip when you're jogging or wearing a T-Shirt, flip-flops and swim trunks. Or maybe just being CCW lazy like me.

There are so many options in this class it's awesome.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Smith and Wesson Shield EZ. Close in size to a G42 and handles excellent!! Friend bought one and I ran several clips through it checking it out with him because it is his first pistol !!

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like my SW Bodyguard and find the recoil very manageable. It is DAO only so you’ll need to like a long trigger pull. I’m more accurate with it than my Shield 9 or full size M&P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I switch between a lcp and a lc9s, the .380 is a lot to manage more than a few rounds through. But ruger makes the lc380 which is the lc9s sized. The bigger grip is better to hold on to. The lcp is best on the market in my opinion for shorts and a t-shirt once you add a techna-clip

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got rid of a P3AT because I didn't like shooting it, bought a baby Glock only to find I missed the smaller pistol for some carry scenarios and decided to get a new 380 that didn't hurt to shoot - the Keltec was awful uncomfortable after awhile at the range, I think I only ever shot a whole box through it in one sitting twice. So I shot everything I could get my hands on and settled on a P238, the Micro was a real close second and the Shield was a respectable 3rd. The Mustang is one I never shot and sometimes wonder about, but I sure like the little Sig, so no regrets.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Only a suggestion, but with carpal tunnel, its never going to get better, and with the way most .380's recoil regardless of blowback or locked breech operation. I would look into a J-framed size revolver in .32L such as the SW model 30 or 31 with 2 or 3 inch barrel, Colt's Pocket Positive same barrel length, an both carry six rounds. Very mild recoil, an since the .32ACP is a semi-rimmed you can use this in the revolver. Another choice is the Beretta Tomcat in .32ACP along with other small .32ACP pistol's like the Walther PPK, Mauser 1914, Colt 1903, Browning/FN 1910.