Looking to build a retro m16 build kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a BNIB PSA dissipator if anyone is interested and ready to buy I will meet in OKC but I’m leaving town Thursday morning. Shoot me a PM interested and I will send pics, it’s sitting in the kitchen right now.
I have a mid length from PSA dissipator as well, but not selling it. Got it in a trade a year or so ago and it appears to be unfired with an A2 stock and SS barrel.
Forgot I had it until this thread came up. It needs shot!

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for a Retro kit, wall hanger. Doesn’t have to be a colt, seeing how it’s going to be a wall hanger. But I do want it to go bang. So the cheaper the better.

Specific one that I looking for is a
M16, xm177 car15 A1 commando with the longer flash hiderView attachment 300479
Brownells.com is into retro ARs. Check them out.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is the XM177 car15 of the vietnam era your goal? i think brownells sells a fake muzzle device that looks pretty close? the originals had ridges almost like baffles in them and in reality made the gun about the same length as a 723 . the longer barrel on the 723 and the bump improved the reliability quite a bit. on the early guns guy in the field would wrap emery cloth to a dowel and relieve the chambers some but better not get caught.... mostly the few car15 went to the LRRP's

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A58ADECF-0AA5-4ACE-819B-1C555D09F02D.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom