Looking to buy shooting land. Talk to me about pipeline easements...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My property is in Osage County where only the Indian tribe can own the mineral rights. Essentially their assignees (the pipeline company) can do whatever they want, but they do have to pay the land owner for surface damages. They also are typically looking to "get along" because they do leave miles and miles of pipeline investment out there in the wild and know very well that a vindictive land owner could easily get away with causing them a lot of grief. At my place they just wanted to put pipelines along the road, just inside my fence and a valve station on my corner. They paid decently for it and it all worked out.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure 10min drive is far enough if it is meant to be a backup plan for if/when the SHTF. We bought 80acres in Okfuskee county for that purpose too. Its still only an hour from OKC as well as being an hour from Tulsa....about 1/2 way between. Land is a little cheaper the farther you get out.....but still wanted it close enough to go and come home for just a day trip for shooting /hunting, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom