Looks like Walther is offering a rebate on certain models starting June 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was posted in the Walther forum yesterday. I imagine the great deals on Shields that have seen thousands of them sold recently have hurt the Walther PPS M2 sales, so Walther is offering a $100 VISA card with a new retail purchase June 1 thru September 15 for some of the PPS and PPQ models.

I would not buy a Walther expecting a rebate until I saw this officially on the WaltherArms.com site.

upload_2017-5-29_17-27-30.png

Last edited:

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
With the great deals out there, is paying the Glock "premium" worth it?
IMHO, yes it is worth it for the Glock. The Shield is a good little gun, I have one and carry it every day. The G43 is a wonderful gun and well worth the cost. You should have no out the box FTE issues some are having with the Shields. S&W is going to the 2.0, the Glock is the newest already. Just my opine.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-pistols/461648-shield-9mm-fte-problems.html

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Since I discovered the M&P line many years ago I don't think Glocks are worth the extra money. I would still choose the M&P if Glocks were priced the same because they fit my hand better.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying a G43. With the great deals out there, is paying the Glock "premium" worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say it just depends on the individual. I've had both the Shield and the G43, and frankly, didn't really care for either. Price dependent, I'd go with the Shield, especially with the cost cutting going on now. If price is not an issue, it would be a toss-up. For me, anyway.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I discovered the M&P line many years ago I don't think Glocks are worth the extra money. I would still choose the M&P if Glocks were priced the same because they fit my hand better.

And I would still buy the G43 if all else was equal because it firs my hand better than the Shield or PPS. It's great that we have such fine guns from which to choose.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The shield fit my hand better than the g43 and was $175.00 less with the rebate so I am going to give the shield a try.My smith 640 actually fits my hand better than either the shield or the g43 so I will most likely carry it the majority of the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom