Looper Leather Pancake Holsters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you kidding? The ability to reholster is not only nice, its absolutely essential. If you cant think of a single reason to reholster, you aren't thinking nearly hard enough.

No....you must only be able to think along one line.....the blue one.....

You must be looking at this like an undercover cop would. As a normal person, I would not need to reholster to get cuffs or write a ticket. Time is what I'm talking about here....For a civilian, if I need to pull a gun, I'm not likely to need to re-holster quickly.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No....you must only be able to think along one line.....the blue one.....

You must be looking at this like an undercover cop would. As a normal person, I would not need to reholster to get cuffs or write a ticket. Time is what I'm talking about here....For a civilian, if I need to pull a gun, I'm not likely to need to re-holster quickly.

Really? What do you plan to do when those guys do show up? I tend to frown upon folks holding guns when I get to a call. What about needing to render aid to yourself, or others? Open a door? Dial a phone?

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really? What do you plan to do when those guys do show up? I tend to frown upon folks holding guns when I get to a call. What about needing to render aid to yourself, or others? Open a door? Dial a phone?

I tend to frown upon those whom frown upon me for exercising my God given right to self defense......opinions vary......

As far as your other points....

1. Render aid to myself or others...I'm not a doctor, so I'm not sure how much help two hand are over one....but, I bet I can put the gun right next to me on the ground..

2. open a door......I've been doing that for years with just one hand....you should try it!

3. dial a phone......again, I can do that with one hand and even one finger...I guess I'm just talented!

:D:NO::D

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Practice drawing all you can, I agree, but re-holstering is not what the benefit of an IWB is. IWB is for carrying discreetly, not for re-holstering. Practice might just take a bit longer. Or you could get a holster that can be used as both IWB and OWB then the issue is moot.

One of the Many reasons that you have to be able to re holster easily is to protect your self. The holster in question ( or any that collapse to much) will cause you to try and open the holster with your off hand and push the gun into the holster. Wile doing this you Will cover your self with the Muzzle! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_safety) thats bad in my book. Worse yet is if during your struggle to get the gun back in the holster cause you are holding up your buddies from shooting the next drill you happen to let the pistol turn out a bit and your thumb gets in the trigger guard and you torch off a round into your pelvic area, wile you are using that "cheap" holster.

Think it cant happen, I personally know many firearm training experts that would disagree, and some of then have seen it happen.
I would recommend that you take a class from any of the OK schools and see why.

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having used said Looper IWB myself for well over a year, I know for a FACT you CAN reholster even a full sized Glock with one hand. They are kydex lined through about the top half and sturdy, not like the generic rough side out holster they make.

As with any holster, practice is a must. You have to get used to what is comfortable for you. I use a SERPA OWB and duty holster, but Looper IWB because that is what I've found works for me. To each their own, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom