Lost a friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesus, console those who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Let them be comforted in the remembrance of Your promises. Give to those who mourn, peace, in the midst of their tears. You are the Resurrection and the Life! We know and believe this!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has definitely not been a great weekend. Got a call tonight that I lost a great friend. He was elk hunting in Colorado and started feeling bad. Ended up going in to the emergency room and found he was having a heart attack. It got worse, he coded, came back with a low pulse then passed within the hour. I had hunted with him in that same area a couple times before and he called last Tuesday and said, “Pack your bags and go with us!” Little did I know that would be our last conversation.

Many of you have seen pictures of my cabin. He helped me do a lot of work on that place. From filling in an old pond, installing my wood stove or just sighting in rifles on the range. I am still processing everything but it’s going to be tough for a while.
Dang, this is not the kind of post I wanted to see this morning. I’m sorry for your loss and prayers sent for you and his family.

RickN is right, and it can be harder losing a friend than family. I lost my shooting, gun trading, gun show buddy in September 2021 suddenly to an aneurysm. He lived in Dallas, but we talked on the phone several times a day. I still think about calling him every day and then realize he’s gone. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom