Lost freedoms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You might check your logic... If anything I pointed a finger at the older generation. That seems to be the point of your post even, so why misstate that in the closer?

And the point still stands, memory lane trip or not, that I was agreeing with the point made that the degradations and losses were in fact "By the votes of our elders and ourselves" as was what I cited in the reply to the post. Sorry not sorry that you didn't like my take which built upon that, however as someone that grew up in a generation that didn't get to memory lane about taking rifles to school and whatnot, I have a memory lane of lots of my elders blaming my generation and younger ones for the losses that we didn't have on our card.

I guess since we grew up without freedoms that were already lost then maybe our memory lane seems darker and more confrontational.
Argumentative and confrontational are 2 completely different things!! . Sorry you see the world as a dark place and find your self constantly lashing out. Try finding the good points in a conversation and enjoy your life!!
Also, the older gen and the younger gen cannot pass a law with out the cooperation of each other...... so whatever laws are in place now is do to a conglomeration of new and old ................just saying. Hope you find some good memories to reminisce about!!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Argumentative and confrontational are 2 completely different things!! . Sorry you see the world as a dark place and find your self constantly lashing out. Try finding the good points in a conversation and enjoy your life!!
Also, the older gen and the younger gen cannot pass a law with out the cooperation of each other...... so whatever laws are in place now is do to a conglomeration of new and old ................just saying. Hope you find some good memories to reminisce about!!
Oh I've got good memories too. But maybe I can't relate since my high school had metal detectors at the door.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The year was 1986 and I was a junior in high school setting in 4th hour English class when our principal Bob Cotham came to the classroom door and said ‘Murphy, go get your gun. There a skunk acting funny between the superintendents office and old gym”. I ran to the parking lot and got a 22 from my unlocked truck, ran back in the school and down the hall to where Mr, Cotham met me and showed me where the skunk was. Shot him twice and went back to class. I left my 22 leaning in the corner of the classroom until it was time for football practice.
Definitely different times we live in now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do see what your talking about happening , but I also see a lot of smart youngsters that know what is going on and carrying on the staunch belief in the 2A and the constitution!! Met a couple of them in the ENS's and work with several. One of the guys I work with is getting naturalized on the 24th of June (his wife can't even attend much less me :nono2: Stinking covid) and he is all about the 2a and getting up on the constitution.
I'm kind of one of the oddballs your talking about. I loved to read books and still do. My interest in guns and the outdoors started with some of the great outdoor authors and gun writers. My family wanted nothing to do with guns but one uncle and he died when I was a teen.
When I reached 16, my grandfather gave me two guns he inherited from his dad, not wanting them in the house anymore. My dad had one .22 rifle he kept in the pickup as mom wouldn't allow it in the house. When dad passed, it went to me.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I've got good memories too. But maybe I can't relate since my high school had metal detectors at the door.
Well, have to say the road to that point started long before I was able to vote!! My kids had to live with that as well. Wished we as a country would pull our collective heads out and fix that crap!! But again it will take us old farts and you young punks getting together and being better!! Think we still have a few hard knocks to go thru before that happens, but I do believe that it will happen.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to hear about some of your good memories about hunting or shooting. Please tell us one or some.
Tell you what, I'll dust one off from the long ago bin. Back in cub scouts we'd go to Rogers Scout Reservation on trips. We got all kinds of opportunities to shoot our BB guns, and sometimes got to throw hatchets and such. I did pretty well at archery, but it just didn't get much better than when we would get to stack all the coke cans, vastly over pump our BB guns and go to town and fight over who knocked what can over.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, have to say the road to that point started long before I was able to vote!! My kids had to live with that as well. Wished we as a country would pull our collective heads out and fix that crap!! But again it will take us old farts and you young punks getting together and being better!! Think we still have a few hard knocks to go thru before that happens, but I do believe that it will happen.
My grandkids are in Lewisville Tx. They have got in trouble for saying they go shooting with grandpa when they come home for the holidays. There has been some peer feedback they have had to endure as well.
That's how kids are browbeat into submission. Peer pressure is the worst at that age.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to hear about some of your good memories about hunting or shooting. Please tell us one or some.

I don't remember which thread it was in, but I seem to remember another member speaking of him and Rez going to the range, and if I remember right, said "another member" kind of complimented Rex or his abilities. I looked in the "Last Time You Fired a Shot" thread, but couldn't find it there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom