Lost friends!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I worked for a man several years ago and he became a close friend , to the point he was like family. We worked together, hunted together, drank together and on a couple of occasions beat hell out of each other... Well at a certain point and after several "issues" I decided it was time to seperate myself from that destructive friendship, he had a drinking issue and he was like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde on the booze. For the most part I could head him off at the break point . But when I couldn't it got bad a couple of times. Took a couple more different issues and I made the decision to keep it on a working basis and that eventually lead to drifting apart.
Off and on we would talk and catch up but I kept it short........ Thought about giving him a shout a few weeks ago but got busy with life and forgot ..
My friend had depression and a drinking problem that he ignored because he felt like he could not have fun without booze.
Got the call the yesterday , my friend ended his issues.

Not sure where the hell I am going with this but 2 things keep howling in my mind:
1 If that voice in your head says "hey, call that person" do it!!
2 If you feel like ending it. reach out . There are people that care!!

Last, would you guys that are on speaking terms with God please pray for his Family and especially his daughter, Miss M has had a rough road all her life.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brother, I'm not sure where you're going with this either, but my thoughts are that it isn't very good. I'm sorry that it ended like this. Booze and depression do not make a good combo. And as you asked, I do consider myself to be on good speaking terms with God, and have asked him to to give comfort to the family. Hope you're doing okay too.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. I have known 2 people that have decided to end it. One was a cousin and one was a church goer. No rhyme or reason . Whatever the pain was was too much I guess. I tried to help my cousin but he was too far gone from being raised in california and running wild. Wasn't anyway to talk with him , he was in a different world.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prayers sent for you and his family. Times like these sometimes words can not help in the present. It takes time to reflect on the situation before one can be at peace. I pray you and his family find that peace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom