Lost friends!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the same type of friend from Detriot that had the same problem in the service. Just kept drinking until he got crazy mean and I had to fight him off me sometimes. Got mighty tiresome just hanging out and ending up with a mouth full of cuts and black eyes over nothing. It ended up getting him. He pulled that on someone that was not his friend and ended up dead in a knife fight. You can't blame yourself. You can't feel guilty for finally just having to move on. Some people just have issues that are larger than themselves. It certainly does not make them a bad person. Not one of us are perfect in any respect.
Sorry for your loss and I know what it feels like and feeling guilt over not staying in touch. Some things you just cant change. My old friend was named Eddie and to this day I still think of him when I hear this song and he will always still be my friend. And, if I had to do condition 3 steaming again he would be the very first guy I chose to be on my team.

Mary took a dry dive from a hotel room
Bobby hung himself from a cell in the tombs
Judy jumped in front of a subway train
Eddie got slit in the jugular vein
And Eddie, I miss you more than all the others
And I salute you my brother

Those are people who died, died
They were all my friends, and they died-- Jim Carroll "People who Died"

Last edited:

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last, would you guys that are on speaking terms with God please pray for his Family and especially his daughter, Miss M has had a rough road all her life.

Got good news for you, you are never not on speaking terms with God, you speak, God listens, always. So, you pray and we all will pray with you.

Amen.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry about the loss, our rear view mirrors sometimes have a lot of clarity for us, don't beat yourself up over the "should have called", even if you had there is no assurance anything would have changed.

Also never hold yourself accountable for the actions of others, they own their decisions, you just feel the pain of them.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked for a man several years ago and he became a close friend , to the point he was like family. We worked together, hunted together, drank together and on a couple of occasions beat hell out of each other... Well at a certain point and after several "issues" I decided it was time to seperate myself from that destructive friendship, he had a drinking issue and he was like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde on the booze. For the most part I could head him off at the break point . But when I couldn't it got bad a couple of times. Took a couple more different issues and I made the decision to keep it on a working basis and that eventually lead to drifting apart.
Off and on we would talk and catch up but I kept it short........ Thought about giving him a shout a few weeks ago but got busy with life and forgot ..
My friend had depression and a drinking problem that he ignored because he felt like he could not have fun without booze.
Got the call the yesterday , my friend ended his issues.

Not sure where the hell I am going with this but 2 things keep howling in my mind:
1 If that voice in your head says "hey, call that person" do it!!
2 If you feel like ending it. reach out . There are people that care!!

Last, would you guys that are on speaking terms with God please pray for his Family and especially his daughter, Miss M has had a rough road all her life.
#1 definitely. Back in 09 my mentor had a stroke, the resulting nerve/phantom pains pushed him over the edge. I feel guilty for sending some of his phone calls to voice-mail. I should have been a better friend.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked for a man several years ago and he became a close friend , to the point he was like family. We worked together, hunted together, drank together and on a couple of occasions beat hell out of each other... Well at a certain point and after several "issues" I decided it was time to seperate myself from that destructive friendship, he had a drinking issue and he was like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde on the booze. For the most part I could head him off at the break point . But when I couldn't it got bad a couple of times. Took a couple more different issues and I made the decision to keep it on a working basis and that eventually lead to drifting apart.
Off and on we would talk and catch up but I kept it short........ Thought about giving him a shout a few weeks ago but got busy with life and forgot ..
My friend had depression and a drinking problem that he ignored because he felt like he could not have fun without booze.
Got the call the yesterday , my friend ended his issues.

Not sure where the hell I am going with this but 2 things keep howling in my mind:
1 If that voice in your head says "hey, call that person" do it!!
2 If you feel like ending it. reach out . There are people that care!!

My best buddy from grade school to this year just passed away, I know how it feels, my condolences, keep the faith bro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom